Link: *** Reuben Foster Signs with Alabama (LOI Officially Received)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
We've had two Foster threads closed. Hopefully, this one won't go down the same road. This is a AJC link with a snip-it about Reuben. I included the entire section, so you don't have to click the link.

Link

What’s the latest with Reuben Foster? He has returned from the Under Armour All-America game, where ex-UGA recruiting coordinator Rodney Garner was seen carrying around his MVP trophy in the hotel lobby after the game.

Foster told AuburnUndercover’s Bryan Matthews that Auburn, UGA, Alabama, LSU and Washington are still in contention but that he plans to only visit three. “I’m going to take all five of them so get ready to call coaches and be upset. Don’t know which ones, but there’s going to be two upset.” Foster is tentatively scheduled to visit UGA on Jan. 25.

Foster de-committed from Auburn because it did not retain his mentor, Trooper Taylor. The Auburn media has tried to document Foster’s relationship with Auburn’s new defensive coordinator, Ellis Johnson. Foster told the website that “I love (Johnson)” and he “reminds me of my granddaddy.” Johnson, 61, probably enjoyed that one.

While all of Foster’s finalists would probably accept his commitment, some of them reportedly “aren’t sweating it” if he goes elsewhere because of all the drama associated with his situation. What’s my prediction on Foster? One recruiting analyst said this about the free-spirited Foster: “He will probably go with the school that talks to him last before he signs the paper.” I agree with that. But if I had to guess today, I’d pick Auburn. Just think Foster went to all the trouble to move to Auburn, bringing his daughter along, and his mother got a job there. However, it should be a fun one to follow over the next month.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Re: Reuben Foster Says He Will Only Visit 3 Schools

I'm ready for this saga to be over with....

I still say the barn ends up with him as well.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

"going to be two upset"....

which means we aren't getting a visit....but we won't be upset.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

Rueben if your reading this: If you come to Bama, you will have a shot to win both the SEC and National Titles. If you don't, we will still have a shot to win them as well.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I'm ready for this saga to be over with....

I still say the barn ends up with him as well.
I think that this young man knows where he wants to go to school. At this point, all the drama has become old and moved me at least to "If he comes, fine. If he doesn`t, I don`t care."

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I think that this young man knows where he wants to go to school. At this point, all the drama has become old and moved me at least to "If he comes, fine. If he doesn`t, I don`t care."
Yep it's all about Reuben at this point. All these visits and interviews are just that, a show to keep everyone talking about him. I'll refrain from posting my thoughts on him, but like Capt. Jack said above "we already have the Foster we want"

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

He is not coming to Alabama, thus I have lost interest... That means he'll fit well at the Barn, because I've lost interest in them too...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

"going to be two upset"....

which means we aren't getting a visit....but we won't be upset.
His statement makes little sense to me, and I've read it several times.

Foster told AuburnUndercover’s Bryan Matthews that Auburn, UGA, Alabama, LSU and Washington are still in contention but that he plans to only visit three. “I’m going to take all five of them so get ready to call coaches and be upset. Don’t know which ones, but there’s going to be two upset.” Foster is tentatively scheduled to visit UGA on Jan. 25.
"going to take all five of them.. there's going to be two upset."

Can a player take multiple OVs to one school?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

He can take all the visits to one school if he wants............but only one of them can be on the school's dime! :cool:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

no disrespect to the OP, but when was the last time a un commited prospect had 3 threads regarding him??

shows you the drama that goes along with this kid. :cool2:

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia

Reuben is saying a lot these days. T'would be refreshing for us and probably in his best interest if he didn't. Reuben, let's all enjoy some quiet time.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011

well i'm still sold that he's a very unique and dominating inside backer and I'd much rather see him at Alabama than at the barn or with Miles...

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

at this point, id rather him take his ego and attitude somewhere else. i think his ego is bigger than his abilities.

better to get a different player who has a willingness to learn and a team first attitude, IMO.

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS

at this point, id rather him take his ego and attitude somewhere else. i think his ego is bigger than his abilities.

better to get a different player who has a willingness to learn and a team first attitude, IMO.
My mama always told me that if I didn't have something nice to say.......well, you know the rest. Therefore, I'll just shut up!

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

i think a "not" was left out....

and, no, one OV per school....

and, per Bo Scarborough, we won't let Foster come to Bama...

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

When my kids get obnoxious and annoying, like in the car on a long trip, we play the "quiet game." On this long, strange trip that is Rueben Foster's recruitment--it is TIME for that game. 1..2..3...QUIET GAME!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.