Link: *** Reuben Foster Signs with Alabama (LOI Officially Received)

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
Re: Reuben Foster ReCommits to Alabama

Arguably the top talent there is this year. Physically suited to our style as well. If he gets on campus, I'll put him as this year's biggest get, regardless of whoever else we pull over the next couple days.

As an aside, I've never seen a recruit have this kind of effect on our fanbase. Every little rumor about this guy got a mood swing from our fans.
HM... while TF didn't have the traffic then that it does today and given the way recruiting interest has exploded recently, it's pretty hard to compare today to yesteryear... but here goes. In the mid-2000's, there was a kid named Chris Keys who was notoriously hard to pin down. In large part due to Saban's flirtation with the NFL (he was at LSU at the time), it seemed he just couldn't come to a decision... and many believed some of the same things about him as they do today about RF. If you go back and search "Chris Keys" on TF, I think you'll find he stirred a lot of the same emotions - and almost as much material was devoted to his decision.

Thought about this last night when I was considering the RF commitment. In both cases, the players were viewed as guys w/ outstanding upside... but both are perceived to come with "issues". Back in the class Keys eventually signed with, he was one of the biggest headliners - a "must get" according to most of our fanbase who would make or break our class. Today, I think we all acknowledge that whether or not RF inks with us tomorrow, we'll be just fine. Keys was a high 4-star kid... Foster is a 5-star player. Great to be part of a program which has evolved to the point that if a 5-star doesn't pan out, there won't be any lasting effects on the program. My... how far we've come!!!

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame

SIAP. But this is sold gold, y'all.

“History will show that the flip of Rueben Foster to Auburn will go down as the single-most important event in changing the perception of the little/big brother roles in college football in the state of Alabama. Mainly because of what this manchild beast will do inside Jordan-Hare Stadium and the publicity that has surrounded the flip (press conference, tattoo, etc.). Not to mention the laundry list of fellow defensive recruits that are salivating at a chance to play with this wrecking ball on the field. This guy’s magnetism and mentality are no different that Cam’s. Both are once in a generation players and we’ll have had them in Orange in Blue in a span of four years. I’ve never seen a time in which truly informed Alabama fans, not the toothleess Wal-Mart Muldykes, have been in such anxiety and agony over the direction of the Auburn Football program. I love every second of it, and they see what’s happening and can’t do anything about it. When you treat your players as family members and they play for you out of respect and admiration, things like 28-27 happen. When you have players that fear their coach, see rampant gray-shirting, bogus medical departures and wonder if they will have their scholarship the following year, things like a 24-0 complete meltdown implosion against your hated rival happen. It all starts at the top and CGC will go down as a legendary coach in college football history, not just Auburn history, Book It. I tell all of the Bammers without hesitation that CGC will win more national championships at Auburn than Satan will at UTea. If you hook me up to a polygraph while saying it, I would pass because that’s how much I believe it to be true. The perception of Auburn Football in-state and on a national level is changing. September 1st is about to open the country’s eyes as to what tenacious Auburn football is all about, and I can’t wait to watch the look on little dabo’s face. These are great times to be an Auburn Tiger. A dynasty is in the making, and if you don’t see it, you don’t have a clue. War Damn Chizik and War Damn Eagle.”

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I'm happy with his choice, and I'm looking forward to his signing the LOI. I think he made what is by far the best choice for a potential NFL career and I think any issues that might exist will be handled by the Alabama coaching staff. Alabama will be good for him.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian

Thanks, GCT. That underlined that truth that relevance was indeed like a one night stand with the University of Auburn. Just another John.....

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

“History will show that the flip of Rueben Foster to Auburn will go down as the single-most important event in changing the perception of the little/big brother roles in college football in the state of Alabama. Mainly because of what this manchild beast will do inside Jordan-Hare Stadium and the publicity that has surrounded the flip (press conference, tattoo, etc.). Not to mention the laundry list of fellow defensive recruits that are salivating at a chance to play with this wrecking ball on the field. This guy’s magnetism and mentality are no different that Cam’s. Both are once in a generation players and we’ll have had them in Orange in Blue in a span of four years. I’ve never seen a time in which truly informed Alabama fans, not the toothleess Wal-Mart Muldykes, have been in such anxiety and agony over the direction of the Auburn Football program. I love every second of it, and they see what’s happening and can’t do anything about it. When you treat your players as family members and they play for you out of respect and admiration, things like 28-27 happen. When you have players that fear their coach, see rampant gray-shirting, bogus medical departures and wonder if they will have their scholarship the following year, things like a 24-0 complete meltdown implosion against your hated rival happen. It all starts at the top and CGC will go down as a legendary coach in college football history, not just Auburn history, Book It. I tell all of the Bammers without hesitation that CGC will win more national championships at Auburn than Satan will at UTea. If you hook me up to a polygraph while saying it, I would pass because that’s how much I believe it to be true. The perception of Auburn Football in-state and on a national level is changing. September 1st is about to open the country’s eyes as to what tenacious Auburn football is all about, and I can’t wait to watch the look on little dabo’s face. These are great times to be an Auburn Tiger. A dynasty is in the making, and if you don’t see it, you don’t have a clue. War Damn Chizik and War Damn Eagle.”
Everybody, I mean everybody, needs an editor. Drunk and dial? How about drunk and rewriting history ... probably at this very moment.

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010

GulfCoast, if you don't win post of the year I will march on Washington!

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

What. A. Goober.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Every fan base has their delusional guys and message boards bring it out the worst, but that post about the "little brother" changeover is just hilarious.

Just goes to show you how people equate their "feelings" as "facts." It's a big problem in America right now...but I'll hush about that and just say that Auburn football often brings out the most delusional predictions I've ever seen!!!

BTW, that guy just affirmed why Barners will always be the "little brother" to Bama football!!!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

How many statements in "Nostrodamus" comments are so wrong. When you go where he went could you ever take any of this guys posts seriously or even read them. Silly, stupid Barner.

BamaBoots

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
Rocket City

How do I get too this site. I just want to read.:BigA::BigA::BigA:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.