View Poll Results: Who was the SEC's 'Biggest Loser' for the 2012 CFB season?

Voters
275. You may not vote on this poll
  • Florida

    5 1.82%
  • Georgia

    7 2.55%
  • Kentucky

    3 1.09%
  • Missouri

    6 2.18%
  • South Carolina

    0 0%
  • Tennessee

    16 5.82%
  • Vanderbilt

    0 0%
  • Arkansas

    30 10.91%
  • Auburn

    188 68.36%
  • LSU

    12 4.36%
  • Mississippi State

    7 2.55%
  • Ole Miss

    0 0%
  • Texas A&M

    1 0.36%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 53
  1. #1
    BamaNation Hall of Fame bamachile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lake Charles, Louisiana
    Posts
    6,392
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    "The Biggest Loser", SEC Football 2012

    Who was the SEC’s biggest loser for the 2012 CFB season? Why?


    Rant, rave, and pontificate – all is fair in war and the internet.



    p.s. – Tidefans polls allow only 13 slots, so I had to leave off one team – I chose to leave off Alabama.
    Last edited by bamachile; January 10th, 2013 at 09:49 AM. Reason: poll open!
    “Louisiana is a fresh-air mental asylum.”
    ― James Lee Burke, Pegasus Descending

  2. Advertisement
  3. #2
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Greenbow, Alabama
    Posts
    8,678

    Re: "The Biggest Loser", SEC Football 2012

    Without the benefit of the poll I can answer your question. Biggest loser -----auburn-----gene chizik----scott loefler---pornstache----kile frazier------clint moseley------pat dye-----jay jacobs.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

    "The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

  4. #3
    BamaNation Hall of Fame bamachile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lake Charles, Louisiana
    Posts
    6,392
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Thread Starter

    Re: "The Biggest Loser", SEC Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    Without the benefit of the poll I can answer your question. Biggest loser -----auburn-----gene chizik----scott loefler---pornstache----kile frazier------clint moseley------pat dye-----jay jacobs.
    I chose the barn as well, but I had to seriously consider UT with it's massive failure of 'How to Hire a Coach 101' and Arkansas for the whole John L. experiment.
    “Louisiana is a fresh-air mental asylum.”
    ― James Lee Burke, Pegasus Descending

  5. #4
    BamaNation First Team C Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cahaba Heights
    Posts
    704

    Re: "The Biggest Loser", SEC Football 2012

    Ark. What was really expected from Aub and UT this year?

  6. #5

    Re: "The Biggest Loser", SEC Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by C Earl View Post
    Ark. What was really expected from Aub and UT this year?
    barn was preseason 25 in USA Today and 28 in AP and went winless in SEC (0-8) and won 3 games total (bama a&m, nm state, ul monroe)

    that is The Biggest Loser in the SEC 2012

  7. #6
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    7,846
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

    Re: "The Biggest Loser", SEC Football 2012

    Didn't Arky beat Auburn? It'd have to be them.

    Biggest surprise has to be Vandy or aTm.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again
    But until that day you know you are
    The queen of my heart

  8. #7

    Re: "The Biggest Loser", SEC Football 2012

    I went with UGA. They had a dream schedule and came within 5 yards of winning the BCS championship (they would have killed ND, IMO). They lose too much on defense, and FL is back on the rise, so their window has closed. LSU was a close second for me - they were very close to winning it all the last 2 seasons and just couldn't get past Alabama. With their losses to the NFL, their window is also closing.

    I didn't choose Auburn because their fall began last year. I didn't choose the Gators because they are a program on the rise. I didn't choose Arkansas because their fall occurred in the off-season.

  9. #8

    Re: "The Biggest Loser", SEC Football 2012

    Normally I would have chosen utk (being the #2 SEC team historically), BUT that team the barn put on the field this year was ridiculously awful.
    Roll Tide

  10. #9
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Posts
    18,343
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    "The Biggest Loser", SEC Football 2012

    Auburn no doubt and they are still losing!
    ROLL TIDE!

  11. #10
    BamaNation Second Team GCtidefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Diamondhead, MS
    Posts
    215
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: "The Biggest Loser", SEC Football 2012

    I picked MO largely because they actually began the season thinking they could compete in the SEC. The barn and cheezewhiz knew they were "young" and started selling that to the fambly early on. Mighty Mo got slapped around by GA in game 1 and their season went downhill from there.
    The barn may actually get better with Gus, but MO is going to have to rethink their program from the ground up - recruiting, blocking, tackling, weight room, and yes - coaching. JMHO of course.

  12. #11
    BamaNation First Team nx4bama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NW Alabama
    Posts
    902

    Re: "The Biggest Loser", SEC Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I went with UGA. They had a dream schedule and came within 5 yards of winning the BCS championship (they would have killed ND, IMO). They lose too much on defense, and FL is back on the rise, so their window has closed. LSU was a close second for me - they were very close to winning it all the last 2 seasons and just couldn't get past Alabama. With their losses to the NFL, their window is also closing.

    I didn't choose Auburn because their fall began last year. I didn't choose the Gators because they are a program on the rise. I didn't choose Arkansas because their fall occurred in the off-season.
    ^^this is why i picked UGA as well

  13. #12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 92tide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga, USA
    Posts
    15,123

    Re: "The Biggest Loser", SEC Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by GCtidefan View Post
    I picked MO largely because they actually began the season thinking they could compete in the SEC. The barn and cheezewhiz knew they were "young" and started selling that to the fambly early on. Mighty Mo got slapped around by GA in game 1 and their season went downhill from there.
    The barn may actually get better with Gus, but MO is going to have to rethink their program from the ground up - recruiting, blocking, tackling, weight room, and yes - coaching. JMHO of course.
    i was initially thinking mizzou would have a better first year in the SEC than Texas a and m. i was wrong.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

    -Bertrand Russell

    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

    — Thomas Pynchon

  14. #13
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Breaux Bridge, La
    Posts
    8,347
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

    Re: "The Biggest Loser", SEC Football 2012

    LSU -- barely lost thrice -- then the bottom falls out as they lose 11 Juniors --

    Lots of issues in "Death Valley"
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!