Poll: "The Biggest Loser", SEC Football 2012

Who was the SEC's 'Biggest Loser' for the 2012 CFB season?

• Total voters

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
In the poll I put down little aubie as the biggest loser. But after I had clicked that, got to thinking about expectations for a season. With aubie probably thought to win six games, seven at best this past year, and only posting three wins, it probably wasn't as bad as the outcome for Arkansas. Until last spring the common line of thinking was this team,Arkansas could challenge for the National Title. They fell way short of anything resembling a team of that caliber.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
It's API & it has Nothing to do with their record. It's exposure. I know the nation got to see the kind of crazy cult crap we have had to endure.

Its just a very bad place to send your kids.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
I chose Auburn. Another coaching change, a dismal season, and their in state rival currently owns the CFB world. Auburn is about to seriously sink to depths even they aren't accustomed to.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
It was a tough choice, but with the Barn, well, just because. If I were an Ole Miss fan I might have given it more thought. Missouri was a close second for me.

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame
I picked MO largely because they actually began the season thinking they could compete in the SEC. The barn and cheezewhiz knew they were "young" and started selling that to the fambly early on. Mighty Mo got slapped around by GA in game 1 and their season went downhill from there.
As did I. UGA was supposed to compete for the SECCG and did so. So was LSU and sorta did so. UF was still rebuilding. AU was a known "train wreck" coming into the season. No one else except Mizzou was really expected to do much and failed so hard.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
I picked API with Mizzou a close second. I never thought the barn would do that poorly but was wonderfully surprised! :biggrin:

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
I went with UGA. They had a dream schedule and came within 5 yards of winning the BCS championship (they would have killed ND, IMO). They lose too much on defense, and FL is back on the rise, so their window has closed. LSU was a close second for me - they were very close to winning it all the last 2 seasons and just couldn't get past Alabama. With their losses to the NFL, their window is also closing.

I didn't choose Auburn because their fall began last year. I didn't choose the Gators because they are a program on the rise. I didn't choose Arkansas because their fall occurred in the off-season.

I agree on all points. The Dawgs had a great chance and made a great effort, but no championship for them. That's gotta hurt.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
There are several disappointments, but only one biggest loser. I was disappointed with LSU, MSU and Florida, not just because they lost their bowl games, but because they started off with a great deal of promise and then collapsed. That must be infuriating for their fans, not that I'm shedding any tears. But for a highly-self-regarded program like Auburn, two years removed from a championship, to become the SEC patsy makes them definitely the biggest loser.

riggstidefan7

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 10, 2011
Guin, AL
I would have picked Auburn, but didn't want them to even win biggest loser, so I pick Arkansas, so much hype before the season and then ...

efd840

1st Team
Nov 23, 2009
Depends on where you start the clock. If you're considering the year as starting after last season's bowls, Arkansas. They were a preseason title contender.

If you start it on opening day, Auburn in a cakewalk.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.