Poll: "The Biggest Loser", SEC Football 2012

Who was the SEC's 'Biggest Loser' for the 2012 CFB season?

• Total voters

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
It has to be the barn, not only did they lose but it how they lost. Then the fanbase who just praised cheeznip for 2010 turned on him like a pack of dogs.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I went with Tennessee just because I saw lots of media type people thinking they were the dark horse to win the East. Then they lost the pot head before the season started. Even with some pretty good talent at spots they still managed to lose to everyone except Kentucky. Two years in a row of losing to Vanderbilt for that program is just downright shameful.

At the end of the year they find out that Bray, Hunter, and Patterson are all going pro and they have a new coach. I honestly believe their future is infinitely more bleak than Auburn's at this point. I don't know how they are going to turn it around or if they even will.

A hard year to be a Vol fan.

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
I voted for Arkansas because they were expected to be good despite their coaching woes. I had already predicted the shortcomings of both Tennessee and Auburn. I just had a feeling they would shows us levels of pitifulness that most of us would be too young to remember.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I don't know if Kentucky or Auburn had the worst football team, but we knew that Kentucky wouldn't be good. Many thought Auburn would win six or seven games, and they were absolutely horrible. Therefore, Auburn is the biggest loser of 2012 SEC football in my opinion.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I bucked the trend and picked Auburn. Everyone knew that AU was going to be down, they just far exceeded everyone's expectations. Arkansas was supposed to be a national championship contender, yet had to fire their coach after a scandal, they hirer the most incompetent coach they possibly could, and finished as one of the deepest cellar dwellers in the league. Honestly, I don't think there is a bright side for Arky anywhere this season, whereas Auburn can still point to a half-way decent recruiting class as a sign of things improving. I think Arkansas is the biggest loser, and I don't think it's even close.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Maybe the title should have contained "Other than API". Then, we could have a good debate. API wins, by default, simply because they are API.

UF and UGA exceeded expectations. Both teams have character issues, and were limited to their ceiling. LSU has ol' Les to thank them for his usual moves. The Pig People rescued themselves by hiring what may be a decent coach. UcheaT really embarrassed themselves, and had a chaotic coaching search.

Not only did API go fail to win a conference game, they think Gus is going to rescue them. Still has to be API. (Yes, I am biased.)

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Maybe the title should have contained "Other than API". Then, we could have a good debate. API wins, by default, simply because they are API.

UF and UGA exceeded expectations. Both teams have character issues, and were limited to their ceiling. LSU has ol' Les to thank them for his usual moves. The Pig People rescued themselves by hiring what may be a decent coach. UcheaT really embarrassed themselves, and had a chaotic coaching search.

Not only did API go fail to win a conference game, they think Gus is going to rescue them. Still has to be API. (Yes, I am biased.)
I don't think UGA exceeded expectations. With their schedule one SEC loss should have been the most they took. This was their year to win the SEC if they wanted to. They had a veteran QB, what turned out to be a great RB, and a defense that is loaded with NFL talent.

Florida on the other hand exceeded expectations. No way I expected them to beat LSU, USC, and Fla. St. Not to mention AM.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
The who's, because they played in the BCSG the year before...and fell all the way to losing to the Fightin' Dabo's. And they were not supposed to be that bad. And it is going to get worse. And I love it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.