Greg Brown?

scrodz

1st Team
Jan 29, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Anyone know what CNS sees in this guy? I trust Nick to know what he's doing, but Brown's record the last two years doesn't instill much confidence in me. Am I missing something?

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Anyone know what CNS sees in this guy? I trust Nick to know what he's doing, but Brown's record the last two years doesn't instill much confidence in me. Am I missing something?
Thankfully he hasn't only been a coach for 2 years. He's had another 28 years of his career and has had success throughout large portions of it.

Colorado is terrible can't blame him for that fact.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I am not too worried about it. His track record is similar to what Joe Pendry had prior to coming to Bama - ie bouncing between NFL and College with sporadic stints of winning. But I think we can all thank Joe Pendry for laying the foundation of our current OL. Hopefully, Brown will be similar. The only thing I do question is his ability to recruit due to his lack of familiarity with the region and frankly his age, being a position coach, he will have some recruiting responsibilities.

Something tells me that CNS was opting for some stability on his staff and not someone not necessarily looking for advancement within the staff. But this hire seems somewhat out of the mold of what we normally expect with Saban hires. Hopefully he will relate well with the players. But maybe there is already a GA on the staff that Saban expects to take Pruitt's role when he is ready and Brown is bridging the gap until that person is ready. I dont know.

efd840

1st Team
Nov 23, 2009
Brown's record the last two years doesn't instill much confidence in me. Am I missing something?
Yes, and they're pretty important. The first is that he isn't being hired to be Alabama's DC, which is the position he held a Colorado.

Second is that Alabama is not Colorado.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
Coach hired him to "coach-up" SAFTIES and nothing else is my bet. That being the case it's a beyond excellent hire.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Very much so. I saw on espn u recruit earlier this week we lost a verbal to fsu

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
Demarcus Walker.

It is beginning to be more of a recruiting business than coaching business. Wonder if Head coaches have full time headhunters recruiting kids in the future. It feels like coaching knowledge is optional when hiring an assistant coach.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.