SIAP, Adrian Hubbard reportedly leaning toward entering 2013 NFL draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

smohabbat

Scout Team
Oct 13, 2011
Cecil Hurt just tweeted it and around here he's probably one of the closest people to the team daily.

Shocked honestly. Doubt he has much stock right now.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
At absolute best he is 2nd round...late 2nd round. Likely he falls somewhere between the 3rd to 5th.

smohabbat

Scout Team
Oct 13, 2011
His measurables and playing under Saban alone probably gets him a third day draft stock but he should come back...we don't know his circumstances though and what's going on with his family. Whatever happens we'll have the next player step up without any stall

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I mentioned in the underclassmen going pro thread that the person that Cecil retweeted answered a question about Hubbard's draft stock with "I project him as a first rounder."

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I mentioned in the underclassmen going pro thread that the person that Cecil retweeted answered a question about Hubbard's draft stock with "I project him as a first rounder."
Saban has always told potential first rounders to go. Of course, he told KJ not to go and he turned out to be a first rounder...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
KJ is also one of the Texan fan's least favorite players from what I've gathered. He has done better with Joseph on the field...slotting him to covering the #2 receiver.

smohabbat

Scout Team
Oct 13, 2011
KJ might have been a first rounder but he still seems like he's not ready for the NFL. Being a first rounder is one thing, being ready for the NFL is another. I would rather Hubbard stay another year, grow as a player and get drafted. With the new cba there isn't much different between late first and early second round. You wanna be good enough to get that second huge contract.

smohabbat

Scout Team
Oct 13, 2011
Hubbard didn't make the transition I thought he would. One more year of seasoning should do it!

"If it was a prize fight, they'd call it off"
I agree whole heartedly. I think Pettway had a better year in a limited role. Had I believe 3.5 sacks in really limited snaps compared to Hubbard. That could be due to his injury but I hope he stays.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
This would be very surprising considering he almost lost his starting job mid season. he came on later and had an overall good year but far from what you would expect from someone going to the NFL. To me he just needs to get stronger at the point of attack, NFL Lineman are like bull dozers with feet, they will mash him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.