SIAP, Adrian Hubbard reportedly leaning toward entering 2013 NFL draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark4tide

1st Team
Mar 7, 2005
Hoover, AL
Has he earned his degree? If he has there is not much keeping him in school. He has to do what he thinks is best for him and his family. Best of luck to him.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I recall Herbie saying during the SECCG this year - just after Hubbard sacked Aaron Murray - that, in response to his having had asked whether we had someone to potentially replace a Courtney Upshaw-type player, one or more of our coaches [unnamed, of course] told him that Hubbard could be that guy, "if he ever gets it..."

FWIW...

WAW4Tide

1st Team
Sep 5, 2008
Dallas, TX
This sort of reminds me of when Aldon Smith came out of Mizzou. Not great stats but then had a hell of a combine and the raw athleticism and potential and San Fran picked him at 7 (that worked out for them)...not saying he goes that high or is that good but his measurables are going to be really good. Also, the last 2 games have helped him and Lacy big time.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
You can't blame these guys for wanting the money however, Hubbard really needs another year, IMO. We just never had the kind of pass rush as last year & that put a lot of pressure on the DB's that were already very young.

I wish him the Best but I hope he comes to the decision that he could be one of the VERY TOP picks next year with Great performance & all the exposure Alabama offers.

I recall Herbie saying during the SECCG this year - just after Hubbard sacked Aaron Murray - that, in response to his having had asked whether we had someone to potentially replace a Courtney Upshaw-type player, one or more of our coaches [unnamed, of course] told him that Hubbard could be that guy, "if he ever gets it..."

FWIW...
He hasn't though yet, he's about there though.

Sent from Jay's iPhone

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Skip Carey, the beloved late announcer for the Atlanta Braves once said about potential......"If they say you have potential that means you're not good enough yet."
I miss Skip Carey..He was awesome..It's hard to live up to the "Legend" of his dad..He did though & became a "Legend" in his own right..

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Spot on! Haven't seen that quote in a long time...
Carey was probably the funniest announcer I've ever heard because his humor was so dry.

I remember once, years ago, he was calling an NBA game and he paused and whispered into the microphone..."Folks, excuse me just a second, I've got to sneak a drag off this smoke"..

Most every game he had at least one classic one liner...

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Carey was probably the funniest announcer I've ever heard because his humor was so dry.

I remember once, years ago, he was calling an NBA game and he paused and whispered into the microphone..."Folks, excuse me just a second, I've got to sneak a drag off this smoke"..

Most every game he had at least one classic one liner...
"Braves down 2 and 2 on. A three run homer sure would be good here." No duh, Skip. :)

As far as Hubbard, this kinda of shocked me. He needs to return and I hope he is comfortable returning because the coaches seemed to be very high on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.