Views from Around the Country on the BCSNC Game (more added)

AggieMom

Suspended
Nov 19, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Re: Views from Around the Country on the BCSNC Game

Don't get caught up in looks. A few years ago, I showed a pic of the starting UTx starting BB center, Odom, I think, to my secretary and covered up the source. She guessed his age at 35. He was 19. All of these guys have very high natural testosterone levels and their faces age early. A couple of years ago, we lost a kid for an entire year from an NCAA drug test for an innocuous drug. That's the NCAA minimum. At that point, Saban decided we would have our own drug-testing program by an independent lab - far beyond the NCAA program - and that we would never lose another kid to an NCAA testing program for a year. Bama has in place an extensive drug rehab program, designed to get in early and to institute a step program. That's the failure of the NCAA program - one year and you're out and there is no rehab. What on earth else would you expect from Saban? Soon all other NCAA upper echelon teams will have similar programs...
As I said, I didn't think it had anything to do with steroids and wasn't trying to imply anything. I know Okie State had a quarterback who was 27 when he finished playing. Thought maybe Fluker was just older. Not sure what the upper age limit is for players.

AggieMom

Suspended
Nov 19, 2012
Huntsville, AL

I may have your guy confused with one of Miss....y states receivers. Anyway you need to take a look at #29 Jenkins, he looks like he could retire. Nothing against the dude just saying, from all I know hes a really good dude with a rough childhood (lost his brother whne he was 15) and one hell of a player, same as Fluker I wish ole Fluke would stay for one more year, I never thought about others thinking he looked alot older, so it must be pretty intimidating for some 17 year old looking across to a 6-6 320lb monster that looks 30. I watched Fluker play in hs, he was a beast, it was funny watching these 200 lb DL trying to get around Fluke, he was/is a monster. We will miss him.
We have some pretty big players but for some reason they all look like 18-22 year olds. Manziel doesn't look like he needs to shave yet. I worry about Joeckel going to the NFL - he just doesn't look like one of those big, uglies! The only roster listing I found for GA didn't have good pictures, so I'll have to dig a little more.
I found a picture of Jenkins.....WOW I see what you mean.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

As I said, I didn't think it had anything to do with steroids and wasn't trying to imply anything. I know Okie State had a quarterback who was 27 when he finished playing. Thought maybe Fluker was just older. Not sure what the upper age limit is for players.
DJ is 22. He looks older, as the basketball player for Utx did, because of a heavy dose of natural androgens. There is no upper age limit for players in the NCAA. Players have come back in their 40s and 50s to play some role in smaller colleges. You may be thinking of HS, which normally has an upper age of 19 or so, depending on the state...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

We have some pretty big players but for some reason they all look like 18-22 year olds. Manziel doesn't look like he needs to shave yet. I worry about Joeckel going to the NFL - he just doesn't look like one of those big, uglies! The only roster listing I found for GA didn't have good pictures, so I'll have to dig a little more.
I found a picture of Jenkins.....WOW I see what you mean.
Give Cochran a year with them and they won't look look like 18 year olds any more. I've seen it happen over and over...

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Sorry.....who's Cochran?
Our strength and conditioning coach.

Also earl I think you're talking about Greg oden who played at Ohio state not Texas. He was the oldest looking dude I've ever seen. They had jokes after he got drafted how he couldn't get into bars in Vegas during the summer league cause he was only 19.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Also earl I think you're talking about Greg oden who played at Ohio state not Texas. He was the oldest looking dude I've ever seen. They had jokes after he got drafted how he couldn't get into bars in Vegas during the summer league cause he was only 19.
That's the dude. Don't know how I got him relocated to Tx...

AggieMom

Suspended
Nov 19, 2012
Huntsville, AL

A lot of women definitely hope you couldn't make Joeckel look like Fluker.:smile:

Last edited:

steej71

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 17, 2011
This one from a Michigan State fan made me LOL:

I don't know what MSU was thinking when we scheduled two games against Alabama I think in 2015 and 2016. Why give yourself an automatic loss for your season and just embarrass yourself?

I want all other teams to think this way.

:biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.