Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 92 to 104 of 114
  1. #92
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    43,317
    Recipes
    1

    Re: Views from Around the Country on the BCSNC Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Lassr4Bama View Post
    USC Forum (Southern Cal)





    Good stuff...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

  2. Advertisement
  3. #93
    BamaNation All-American crimsonbleeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    2,639
    My Mood
    Psychedelic on TideFans.com

    Re: Views from Around the Country on the BCSNC Game (more added)

    Best post I've ever seen on TF, Mack! TYVM...that was hard work! But much appreciated!
    "No invention in history has been more successful in the collection and display of stupidity than the Internet. "

    -Mike Herndon, Press-Register 8/20/08

  4. #94
    BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,612
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

    Re: Views from Around the Country on the BCSNC Game

    Texas A&M

    I think we made bama mad!
    That's my favorite one now.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

  5. #95

    Re: Views from Around the Country on the BCSNC Game

    Quote Originally Posted by RollTide1224 View Post
    They would probably say that we have an internal testing program to make sure that our guys can pass when they take actual NCAA tests. There is no convincing people that are irrational.

    It's like they forget that we recruit huge kids, we recruit the best kids, we have the best coach, we have as good of facilities as anyone in the country, and they work hard.

    I don't even get it I don't see guys on our team who look like some of the monsters in the NFL. We have very few guys arms who looks like anyone in the NFL. There's guys in the NFL who weigh like 310 pounds with no gut and look like they have a body fat of 10% or less. We have big guys but there is still a difference between them and NFL guys.
    What i dont get is that some of Alabama's players look so much older. Nothing to do with steroids, just some dont look like normal college players. Have you looked at Fluker? I'm not talking about his size, but that he has a 35 year old face! Compare him to Joeckel who is 6'6"/310#, Joeckel looks like a baby.

  6. #96

    Re: Views from Around the Country on the BCSNC Game

    Quote Originally Posted by AggieMom View Post
    What i dont get is that some of Alabama's players look so much older. Nothing to do with steroids, just some dont look like normal college players. Have you looked at Fluker? I'm not talking about his size, but that he has a 35 year old face! Compare him to Joeckel who is 6'6"/310#, Joeckel looks like a baby.
    He looked like that when he was in HS too wich was ,a little over 4 years ago. Its funny you say that because I thought the same thing about one of your recievers #11 I think. Also have you taken a look at Jenkins from Georgia he looks older than Ray Lewis. Anyway alot of these kids look very mature, I guess you can blame it on the chicken. PS Great game this year.
    Can't wait to see you guys at Kyle field. Payback games have been fun for us over the years usually in a big way, but we will see if we can pick up were we left off and maybe put an exclamation point on the next game.

  7. #97

    Re: Views from Around the Country on the BCSNC Game

    Quote Originally Posted by hacksaw830 View Post
    He looked like that when he was in HS too wich was ,a little over 4 years ago. Its funny you say that because I thought the same thing about one of your recievers #11 I think. Also have you taken a look at Jenkins from Georgia he looks older than Ray Lewis. Anyway alot of these kids look very mature, I guess you can blame it on the chicken. PS Great game this year.
    Can't wait to see you guys at Kyle field. Payback games have been fun for us over the years usually in a big way, but we will see if we can pick up were we left off and maybe put an exclamation point on the next game.
    I had to look up who #11 was--not one of our big time receivers (25, 13, 7, 8, 84,etc). I guess #11 (Walker) looks a little older that the others ?? Will have to look at what Jenkins from Georgia looks like. We look forward to the game in September as well. Hope to give a game of it!

  8. #98
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    43,317

    Re: Views from Around the Country on the BCSNC Game

    Quote Originally Posted by AggieMom View Post
    What i dont get is that some of Alabama's players look so much older. Nothing to do with steroids, just some dont look like normal college players. Have you looked at Fluker? I'm not talking about his size, but that he has a 35 year old face! Compare him to Joeckel who is 6'6"/310#, Joeckel looks like a baby.
    Don't get caught up in looks. A few years ago, I showed a pic of the starting UTx starting BB center, Odom, I think, to my secretary and covered up the source. She guessed his age at 35. He was 19. All of these guys have very high natural testosterone levels and their faces age early. A couple of years ago, we lost a kid for an entire year from an NCAA drug test for an innocuous drug. That's the NCAA minimum. At that point, Saban decided we would have our own drug-testing program by an independent lab - far beyond the NCAA program - and that we would never lose another kid to an NCAA testing program for a year. Bama has in place an extensive drug rehab program, designed to get in early and to institute a step program. That's the failure of the NCAA program - one year and you're out and there is no rehab. What on earth else would you expect from Saban? Soon all other NCAA upper echelon teams will have similar programs...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

  9. #99

    Re: Views from Around the Country on the BCSNC Game

    I may have your guy confused with one of Miss....y states receivers. Anyway you need to take a look at #29 Jenkins, he looks like he could retire. Nothing against the dude just saying, from all I know hes a really good dude with a rough childhood (lost his brother whne he was 15) and one hell of a player, same as Fluker I wish ole Fluke would stay for one more year, I never thought about others thinking he looked alot older, so it must be pretty intimidating for some 17 year old looking across to a 6-6 320lb monster that looks 30. I watched Fluker play in hs, he was a beast, it was funny watching these 200 lb DL trying to get around Fluke, he was/is a monster. We will miss him.

    QUOTE=AggieMom;2094376]I had to look up who #11 was--not one of our big time receivers (25, 13, 7, 8, 84,etc). I guess #11 (Walker) looks a little older that the others ?? Will have to look at what Jenkins from Georgia looks like. We look forward to the game in September as well. Hope to give a game of it![/QUOTE]

  10. #100
    BamaNation All-American seebell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Gurley, Al
    Posts
    4,882
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Views from Around the Country on the BCSNC Game

    Great post Mack!

  11. #101

    Re: Views from Around the Country on the BCSNC Game

    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Don't get caught up in looks. A few years ago, I showed a pic of the starting UTx starting BB center, Odom, I think, to my secretary and covered up the source. She guessed his age at 35. He was 19. All of these guys have very high natural testosterone levels and their faces age early. A couple of years ago, we lost a kid for an entire year from an NCAA drug test for an innocuous drug. That's the NCAA minimum. At that point, Saban decided we would have our own drug-testing program by an independent lab - far beyond the NCAA program - and that we would never lose another kid to an NCAA testing program for a year. Bama has in place an extensive drug rehab program, designed to get in early and to institute a step program. That's the failure of the NCAA program - one year and you're out and there is no rehab. What on earth else would you expect from Saban? Soon all other NCAA upper echelon teams will have similar programs...
    As I said, I didn't think it had anything to do with steroids and wasn't trying to imply anything. I know Okie State had a quarterback who was 27 when he finished playing. Thought maybe Fluker was just older. Not sure what the upper age limit is for players.

  12. #102

    Re: Views from Around the Country on the BCSNC Game

    Quote Originally Posted by hacksaw830 View Post
    I may have your guy confused with one of Miss....y states receivers. Anyway you need to take a look at #29 Jenkins, he looks like he could retire. Nothing against the dude just saying, from all I know hes a really good dude with a rough childhood (lost his brother whne he was 15) and one hell of a player, same as Fluker I wish ole Fluke would stay for one more year, I never thought about others thinking he looked alot older, so it must be pretty intimidating for some 17 year old looking across to a 6-6 320lb monster that looks 30. I watched Fluker play in hs, he was a beast, it was funny watching these 200 lb DL trying to get around Fluke, he was/is a monster. We will miss him.
    We have some pretty big players but for some reason they all look like 18-22 year olds. Manziel doesn't look like he needs to shave yet. I worry about Joeckel going to the NFL - he just doesn't look like one of those big, uglies! The only roster listing I found for GA didn't have good pictures, so I'll have to dig a little more.
    I found a picture of Jenkins.....WOW I see what you mean.
    Last edited by AggieMom; January 14th, 2013 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Addition

  13. #103
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    43,317

    Re: Views from Around the Country on the BCSNC Game

    Quote Originally Posted by AggieMom View Post
    As I said, I didn't think it had anything to do with steroids and wasn't trying to imply anything. I know Okie State had a quarterback who was 27 when he finished playing. Thought maybe Fluker was just older. Not sure what the upper age limit is for players.
    DJ is 22. He looks older, as the basketball player for Utx did, because of a heavy dose of natural androgens. There is no upper age limit for players in the NCAA. Players have come back in their 40s and 50s to play some role in smaller colleges. You may be thinking of HS, which normally has an upper age of 19 or so, depending on the state...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

  14. #104
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    43,317

    Re: Views from Around the Country on the BCSNC Game

    Quote Originally Posted by AggieMom View Post
    We have some pretty big players but for some reason they all look like 18-22 year olds. Manziel doesn't look like he needs to shave yet. I worry about Joeckel going to the NFL - he just doesn't look like one of those big, uglies! The only roster listing I found for GA didn't have good pictures, so I'll have to dig a little more.
    I found a picture of Jenkins.....WOW I see what you mean.
    Give Cochran a year with them and they won't look look like 18 year olds any more. I've seen it happen over and over...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!