How Long Till We Have No "Honey Shots"?

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
In light of this ridiculous K Webb thing, and acknowledging the vise grip ESPN has on College Athletics - Will they stop panning the crowd and focusing on "interesting" indivduals?

My first thought was "Auburn No", but then I thought how they have totally stopped showing the marching bands at halftime.

Freedom created this Country - I fear this PC nonsense wll destroy us

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Think about what airs instead of the bands - footage and analysis of other games. Which would you rather watch?

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame
IMHO, the brouhaha isn't over the honey shot, or even Musberger speaking out loud what every redblooded American male was thinking.

It's over certain segments of the media trying to make ratings books by creating controversies and literally encouraging people to be offended over something that should offend no one at all.

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
IMHO, the brouhaha isn't over the honey shot, or even Musberger speaking out loud what every redblooded American male was thinking.

It's over certain segments of the media trying to make ratings books by creating controversies and literally encouraging people to be offended over something that should offend no one at all.
Bingo! The media was the only one that had issue with what M'burger said.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL

It is strange. The funny thing it is only males that seem to be making a big deal about it. Both morning sports talk radio shows here have the same format. 2 males and 1 female. On both shows the females didn't seem to think it was a big deal. The is the same to every female I've talked to in person.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
It wouldn't hurt my feeling it they gave the cheerleaders a little more airtime..They put in a lot of practice & training for us fans..They deserve it..CBS sure has a lot of commercials during the game they air..They could sacrifice a commercial or two for the hard working cheerleaders..(G)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I had almost forgotten about the shots of AJ's girlfriend as soon as the game was over and really don't remember anything Musberger said about her. If they stopped showing "Honey shots", I think I'll still watch the games. No big deal to me if they stopped.

centerstar

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2011
My wife, who's a bit younger than me, and has some experience working with the public, was not offended by Musberger, but she did say "he's a creepy old man". That's what she says about some of my friends.

AmeliaGayle

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 29, 2012
Mobile, AL
I think shots of the Crimsonettes and the male and female cheerleaders are great to linger over, because they and their sex appeal are there to be part of the pageantry. Sexiness if a blessing, and its healthy to enjoy looking at beautiful people.

Where the inappropriateness of this particular case comes in is the fact that Dee Dee and Katherine were not there as part of the pageantry. They were there as private citizens. Anything that would be inappropriate to say to them at The Summit becomes creepy to say on the air. It doesn't make Musberger a bad person that he said those things, but a person of character is more respectful of the dignity of others.

Of honeyshots in general, I think of them in the same way. It's like sitting in a park and looking at young women or men through binoculars without their knowledge. Is it pleasurable, yes, but it is not what a person of character does. I like my football with class. If I want to be titillated by looking at creepershots, I'll go to 4chan.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I think shots of the Crimsonettes and the male and female cheerleaders are great to linger over, because they and their sex appeal are there to be part of the pageantry. Sexiness if a blessing, and its healthy to enjoy looking at beautiful people.

Where the inappropriateness of this particular case comes in is the fact that Dee Dee and Katherine were not there as part of the pageantry. They were there as private citizens. Anything that would be inappropriate to say to them at The Summit becomes creepy to say on the air. It doesn't make Musberger a bad person that he said those things, but a person of character is more respectful of the dignity of others.

Of honeyshots in general, I think of them in the same way. It's like sitting in a park and looking at young women or men through binoculars without their knowledge. Is it pleasurable, yes, but it is not what a person of character does. I like my football with class. If I want to be titillated by looking at creepershots, I'll go to 4chan.
Exactly..Mussberger was right..Both are beautiful Ladies..No doubts about that at all..Had he just gave 'em a compliment like AJ is a lucky man cause both are are beautiful Southern Ladies & just left it at that..The way he kept on gawking about them was what folks found "creepy"..Personally..I had no problems with it..But..I can also see how some folks found it a bit "creepish"..

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Anything that would be inappropriate to say to them at The Summit becomes creepy to say on the air.
See, this is the part I completely disagree with. I don't think what he said was inappropriate. He never used the word sexy, hot or any other more sexual in nature words. He called her beautiful. Even the young lady herself said she had no problem with his comments and took them as a compliment, she said something like "what lady doesn't like being called beautiful". Well, gathering from all the outrage, there are plenty in this country that don't want to be called beautiful. Can't believe that it is know "creepy" to call a lady beautiful.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.