How Long Till We Have No "Honey Shots"?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
See, this is the part I completely disagree with. I don't think what he said was inappropriate. He never used the word sexy, hot or any other more sexual in nature words. He called her beautiful. Even the young lady herself said she had no problem with his comments and took them as a compliment, she said something like "what lady doesn't like being called beautiful". Well, gathering from all the outrage, there are plenty in this country that don't want to be called beautiful. Can't believe that it is know "creepy" to call a lady beautiful.
Good thing I'm not single. The way this thing has become an outrage, I would get in trouble with plenty of females by complimenting them on their looks. Guess all guys should tell women they are ugly. Then, that would be emotional harassment.

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
Plus, Katherine is the former Miss Alabama USA, a beauty pageant winner. She enters beauty pageants - where they judge beauty. She must not have a problem with the word beautiful.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
She is going to be in the 2013 SI Swimsuit Issue according to reports. We will all be seeing LOTS more of Miss Webb. Brent Musberger was the first to renew his subscription. :tongue:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think the Katherine Webb issue exposes a bigger issue than what has been the concern of the media pundits following the game. ESPN put a lot of money into these games and coverage of the games. Accordingly, the "above the line" guys want backstory, narrative, context, whatever you may call it. In their apology over this issue they state how Miss Webb and McCarron was an interesting story given the Alabama-Auburn connection. They basically admitted that their "gameplan" for the coverage was to mention this story at some point during the game from the get-go.

I, for one, am about tired of the girlfriend, momma & daddy, etc shots anyway. I'm tired of having to get a "taste of the town" or the like. I'm tired of every crew having glorified segments during a football game. I don't care about your thoughts on NIU being in the BCS or whatever else topical discussion you've been given a greenlight to soapbox. Just cover the darn game and if it become a blowout...tough titty, stick to the game...nobody but the partisans are going to be watching in a 35-0 game and they'd rather hear you talk about how awesome their team is doing than the topical discussion of college football.

Also, the expansion of College Gameday is annoying because they've basically loaded it down with Tom Rinaldi Human Interest Pieces™. I guess they had to do something with him or his only job would be to do Prologue and Epilogue segments to bookend their big events. Sports are suppose to be a respite from the woes of the world and I'm about tired of seeing depressing things every Saturday morning.

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
I think shots of the Crimsonettes and the male and female cheerleaders are great to linger over, because they and their sex appeal are there to be part of the pageantry. Sexiness if a blessing, and its healthy to enjoy looking at beautiful people.

Where the inappropriateness of this particular case comes in is the fact that Dee Dee and Katherine were not there as part of the pageantry. They were there as private citizens. Anything that would be inappropriate to say to them at The Summit becomes creepy to say on the air. It doesn't make Musberger a bad person that he said those things, but a person of character is more respectful of the dignity of others.

Of honeyshots in general, I think of them in the same way. It's like sitting in a park and looking at young women or men through binoculars without their knowledge. Is it pleasurable, yes, but it is not what a person of character does. I like my football with class. If I want to be titillated by looking at creepershots, I'll go to 4chan.
Binoculars are on of the great inventions of mankind. I love getting all titillated and stuff.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
I think the Katherine Webb issue exposes a bigger issue than what has been the concern of the media pundits following the game. ESPN put a lot of money into these games and coverage of the games. Accordingly, the "above the line" guys want backstory, narrative, context, whatever you may call it. In their apology over this issue they state how Miss Webb and McCarron was an interesting story given the Alabama-Auburn connection. They basically admitted that their "gameplan" for the coverage was to mention this story at some point during the game from the get-go.

I, for one, am about tired of the girlfriend, momma & daddy, etc shots anyway. I'm tired of having to get a "taste of the town" or the like. I'm tired of every crew having glorified segments during a football game. I don't care about your thoughts on NIU being in the BCS or whatever else topical discussion you've been given a greenlight to soapbox. Just cover the darn game and if it become a blowout...tough titty, stick to the game...nobody but the partisans are going to be watching in a 35-0 game and they'd rather hear you talk about how awesome their team is doing than the topical discussion of college football.

Also, the expansion of College Gameday is annoying because they've basically loaded it down with Tom Rinaldi Human Interest Pieces™. I guess they had to do something with him or his only job would be to do Prologue and Epilogue segments to bookend their big events. Sports are suppose to be a respite from the woes of the world and I'm about tired of seeing depressing things every Saturday morning.
Overboard, imo. Turn off the sound and listen to Eli.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
I think shots of the Crimsonettes and the male and female cheerleaders are great to linger over, because they and their sex appeal are there to be part of the pageantry. Sexiness if a blessing, and its healthy to enjoy looking at beautiful people.

Where the inappropriateness of this particular case comes in is the fact that Dee Dee and Katherine were not there as part of the pageantry. They were there as private citizens. Anything that would be inappropriate to say to them at The Summit becomes creepy to say on the air. It doesn't make Musberger a bad person that he said those things, but a person of character is more respectful of the dignity of others.

Of honeyshots in general, I think of them in the same way. It's like sitting in a park and looking at young women or men through binoculars without their knowledge. Is it pleasurable, yes, but it is not what a person of character does. I like my football with class. If I want to be titillated by looking at creepershots, I'll go to 4chan.
When your Miss Alabama, an AU grad dating the current Bama QB, and you attend the BCSNC game with said QBs mother then you are most assuredly there as part of the pageantry. To think otherwise would be naive.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
Overboard, imo. Turn off the sound and listen to Eli.

The way games are being broadcast now is becoming so scripted.

Despite the obvious tech deficiencies, I love broadcasts like the one below from Chris Schenkel and Bud Wilkinson of one of the all-time great games. There is no first down line generated by computer, no corporate logos on the field, no efforts to locate family members of team stars in the stands.

They show the game, talk about the plays and players, show a cheerleader and such. No overt advertising the network's upcoming sitcoms, no trying to predict the play call, no "Tebow worship".

There is beauty in simplicity

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.