Tired Of The Southern Stereotyping (Don't need to stoop to their level)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaSam1

Scout Team
Dec 12, 2011
With all of the Southern stereotyping going on such as Mr. Clausen's "cousins" shirt and of course the "mobile homers" reference,I was reminded of a confrontation I had a while back with a Catholic who was making a joke about Baptists.

I was walking through our break room and there were three outside contractors sitting there and one asked the others, Do you know why you never take a Baptist fishing? The reply was, no why? Because they'll drink up all your beer. It's best to take two of 'em that way niether one will drink any. Well that got a big laugh and I laughed along with them even though I happen to be Baptist. I then say at least with a Baptist all you have to worry about is your beer. If you take a Catholic Priest with you,you have to worry about your beer and your little boy. For some reason they did'nt laugh along with me.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Re: Tired Of The Southern Stereotyping

With all of the Southern stereotyping going on such as Mr. Clausen's "cousins" shirt and of course the "mobile homers" reference,I was reminded of a confrontation I had a while back with a Catholic who was making a joke about Baptists.

I was walking through our break room and there were three outside contractors sitting there and one asked the others, Do you know why you never take a Baptist fishing? The reply was, no why? Because they'll drink up all your beer. It's best to take two of 'em that way niether one will drink any. Well that got a big laugh and I laughed along with them even though I happen to be Baptist. I then say at least with a Baptist all you have to worry about is your beer. If you take a Catholic Priest with you,you have to worry about your beer and your little boy. For some reason they did'nt laugh along with me.
You told it wrong.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

i'm not offended by either, but i'd say that going from drinking jokes to child molestation jokes is going from a dare straight to the double-dog dare. i'd say it's a bit off color, wouldn't you?

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Southerners and old white men are the only free game left, so we get the backlash from everyone biting their tongue in other instances.

BamaSam1

Scout Team
Dec 12, 2011

i'm not offended by either, but i'd say that going from drinking jokes to child molestation jokes is going from a dare straight to the double-dog dare. i'd say it's a bit off color, wouldn't you?
I agree but I felt at the time like a point needed to be made and looking back the Christian thing to do would have been to walk on by.
Can't take it back now.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

I agree but I felt at the time like a point needed to be made and looking back the Christian thing to do would have been to walk on by.
Can't take it back now.
well, the baptist thing to do would be to take their beer. i assume you at least did that much ;)

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham

I've heard various versions of that joke and I still LOL every time I hear it. It's funny because it is relatively harmless has some truth to it. BTW, I grew up in a SBC.

Your joke reminded of George Costanza's "Jerk Store Comeback':

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

Trying to bring this thing back around to football...

Penn State got a lot of bad press for ignoring the child rapist, but heck, they were just following the example set by the Catholic Church.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Trying to bring this thing back around to football...

Penn State got a lot of bad press for ignoring the child rapist, but heck, they were just following the example set by the Catholic Church.
if they were following the Catholic church they would have just moved Sandusky to a different city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.