Question: Aside from the Title games, what's your favorite game of the CNS era?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I loved that Capitol One Bowl. I have never in my life ever seen a team have to punt on fourth and goal.
And we knocked two QBs out of the game, the third had been playing WR...

And I've honestly never seen anyone pull the starting QB and line early in the third quarter in a big bowl game...

Just an amazing performance. Showed how good 2010 could have been if their heads had been right.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I did not go to the UT game in '07 but sat at home and watched what might have been the first CNS butt chewing of a sideline reporter going in at the half. The Arkansas game showed things were different with CNS in charge but that UT game is when I knew the man would turn things around. In fact, after that game (granted the ULM debacle) 2008 in no way came as a surprise to me. In fact, I was more stunned that we lost the SEC camp game in '08 than I was of us going undefeated in the regular season.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
Too many "favorites" to mention. I'd have to say the 2012 AU game with the 49-0 shutout. We could have put over 70 on them had Saban been totally merciless. It was the worst beat down in my lifetime of the barners. It's good to know when AU is way down and we are way up, we can beat them 49-0...and when they are way up and we are way down, they only beat us 21-13 (see 2004).:biggrin:

crimsonbleeder

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Birmingham, AL
Mine would have to be the 2008 Clemson game. I really don't know why, I guess that was when I officially felt like we had arrived under Coach Saban. After that game I knew good times were ahead, but I didn't know how good, lol. A close second would be the 2008 Iron Bowl, breaking their streak sure felt good.

RTR '12!
the Georgia game in 2008 was fantastic and my fave if we're not talking title games...

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Let me do it this way:

Best NC game: I pick 2012 over the rest because there was no excuse for us being there, we won the SEC. Then there was no excuse in why we won, we completely dominated. No one could say we "knocked out their QB", everyone recognizes the dominance.

Best Sec Title game: 2009. This proved to everyone that we were back and could beat anyone in the country at a given time.

Best regular season game: 2008 Iron Bowl. What a way to end the streak and shut the Auburn fans up. Good farewell game to Tommy. 2nd favorite would be the Blackout.

thx. saved me some typing. I did like seeing Marcell destroy Captain Noodle Arm Colt McCoy.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.