Question: Aside from the Title games, what's your favorite game of the CNS era?

TidePride50

3rd Team
Jan 16, 2010
Mine would have to be the 2008 Clemson game. I really don't know why, I guess that was when I officially felt like we had arrived under Coach Saban. After that game I knew good times were ahead, but I didn't know how good, lol. A close second would be the 2008 Iron Bowl, breaking their streak sure felt good.

RTR '12!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Best game I've attended - 2009 Tennessee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
The blackout game. Lots of smack talk not just a little but alot of smack from the dogs in that one. On their field to.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Best game I've attended - 2009 Tennessee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.
Yep, me too. If the wind was right, I`m sure you could have heard it in Northport.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
2009 SEC championship is the correct answer.

Also accepted, 2008 and 2012 Georgia
2009 Tennessee
2008 Auburn

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Let me do it this way:

Best NC game: I pick 2012 over the rest because there was no excuse for us being there, we won the SEC. Then there was no excuse in why we won, we completely dominated. No one could say we "knocked out their QB", everyone recognizes the dominance.

Best Sec Title game: 2009. This proved to everyone that we were back and could beat anyone in the country at a given time.

Best regular season game: 2008 Iron Bowl. What a way to end the streak and shut the Auburn fans up. Good farewell game to Tommy. 2nd favorite would be the Blackout.

Last edited:

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I'm with OP on this, 2008 Clemson. When I saw our guys come out and saw how different they looked, then played, I knew we were going on to something big. Saw Julio and Mark play for the first time that day, too.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Mine would have to be the 2008 Clemson game. I really don't know why, I guess that was when I officially felt like we had arrived under Coach Saban. After that game I knew good times were ahead, but I didn't know how good, lol. A close second would be the 2008 Iron Bowl, breaking their streak sure felt good.

RTR '12!
I was at that game and it was a great one. But I gotta say the blackout.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
There are so many to choose from. But I'm going to pick this year's SEC title game against Georgia. Under Coach Saban, Alabama's MO has been to start fast, overwhelm the opponent and get up by 2 or 3 scores. From there, it's like a python squeezing the life out of its victim. But the SEC CG against Georgia was different. Georgia was playing their best football game in maybe 9 or 10 years. They had an NC in their sights, and we were struggling and in trouble. Suddenly, it looked like the tables had been turned on Alabama and we were the victim of the hungry python. Then, we changed up the offensive gameplan, began to run the ball down their throats, and overcame their best effort in a decade.

That was a team overcoming great adversity.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
I have to go with the 2008 Clemson game as well. The process had started to take hold. We played like it was the 10th game of the season not the first. Crisp, no stupid penalties, a team that was hitting on all cylinders. Quite the comparison to the early season games under Shula, where we would had 12 men on the field, delay of game because we couldn't get the play from the side line in time. You could tell that Saban had the team and staff ready to play on day one.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.