Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ND passed for 270 yards, way above their season's average......

RIP Hub

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Because the season is over? Because next season's team will be different than this season's team? Because CNS has forgotten more about coaching the secondary than anyone here will ever know?
    Not sure what you're asking here. The TS was simply asking a question - is the fact that we gave up a lot of passing yardage against ND a reason to be concerned? Instead of responding to the question, people were jumping all over him for daring to bring up the subject. Certainly he's not concerned about this past season - it's over. I don't think he's going to lose any sleep over it, but he's supposedly looking for comments on what our defensive backfield will look like next season. We're losing good talent (Milliner, Lester), but we have a wealth of talent coming back. So no, I'm not worried, or concerned. But there's no need to jump all over him for bringing up the subject.
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonChuck's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

NYBF?
    Lucky #13

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not worried. We was in a rebuilding year . Next year will be better. Our secondary will be a bit more seasoned. Last years team would have probably won 28-0. This years offense was improved, but our defense took a step back from last year. I expect our defense to be improved in 2013, and our offense should take a half step back in the beginning. What concerns me is loosing so much on the O line.
    We should beat Florida State pretty handily for next years National Championship . Or maybe Oregon?? Or we might get Ohio State, so that we can remind CUM why he left Florida

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TidefaninOS View Post
    Not sure what you're asking here. The TS was simply asking a question - is the fact that we gave up a lot of passing yardage against ND a reason to be concerned? Instead of responding to the question, people were jumping all over him for daring to bring up the subject. Certainly he's not concerned about this past season - it's over. I don't think he's going to lose any sleep over it, but he's supposedly looking for comments on what our defensive backfield will look like next season. We're losing good talent (Milliner, Lester), but we have a wealth of talent coming back. So no, I'm not worried, or concerned. But there's no need to jump all over him for bringing up the subject.
    concern trolling is the worst kind of trolling. it infected most of the TF game threads this year and a lot of the discussion leading up to the games.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJeff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by p'colabamaman View Post
    Is any one also kinda concerned about this? I realize this is way after the fact, but I was starting to get a little concerned about them passing for that many yards. It's also way above what we averaged giving up in passing for the season.

Just conversation fodder.
    Notre Dame lost...Alabama won.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    concern trolling is the worst kind of trolling. it infected most of the TF game threads this year and a lot of the discussion leading up to the games.
    A troll? Really?
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJeff View Post
    Notre Dame lost...Alabama won.
    Thanks for your input - I didn't know that.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Thanks for your input - I didn't know that.

Are you the OP and just have two different usernames?

We are entitled to respond to a ridiculous question with ridiculous responses. Despite your attempt to salvage the question and make it about next year's secondary there isn't one thing in the OP to suggest that is what he was asking.

Also plenty of people gave substantive answers and at the same time gave the question to the correct amount of abuse it deserves.

Post Thanks / Like

A troll? Really?
    yeah, "worrying" about our d's performance in a 42-14 rout that wasn't anywhere near that close is trolling.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Right now, I'm worried about the people that will always worry because you obviously can't enjoy the moment. Sit back and enjoy it folks.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I am far more concerned with the 32 rushing yards we coughed up. I think it exposed the DL a bit. I mean a missed tackle here or there and they get 50 easy!