ND passed for 270 yards, way above their season's average......

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Notre Dame's two scores were basically scores for us because they weren't quick scores. Each came off long sustained drives with a lot of 3rd downs. When you're up 35-0 with a little over 25 minutes left, you just have to avoid turnovers and make them do small stuff to bleed the clock.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I think it is just normal that when a team is behind, they throw more than they run. Notre Dame has been ahead most of the year and hadn't needed to throw the ball much. We had way more yards passing against aTm because we were behind and had to catch up and hopefully not use clock. This is true with most teams who lose. That is why I don't put a lot of weight into the rushing a passing totals. When a team is ahead, they run the ball more (in order to run the clock). So the rushing numbers will be higher.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Why is this thread still open??? ND was down 35-0 before they even scored. Obviously when a team is behind ( let alone by that much ) they have to pass if they want to get back in the game and win. Case closed.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Is any one also kinda concerned about this? I realize this is way after the fact, but I was starting to get a little concerned about them passing for that many yards. It's also way above what we averaged giving up in passing for the season.

Just conversation fodder.
I'm still having nightmares.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.