ND passed for 270 yards, way above their season's average......

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I gotta confess I was too preoccupied with realizing that we had taken the one area ND could talk about us negatively away (head-to-head national title).

I noted this though:

2009 - won by 2 TDs (16)
2011 - won by 3 TDs (21)
2012 - won by 4 TDs (28)

Guess we only win next year by five TDs?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Next Year, Maybe Dude?
So year-to-year 'weaknesses' (especially those from one game) are commonly issues with CNS coached teams?

I mean, if you guys want to dig around and work yourselves up to get worried over something from one game, be my guest(s), but less than a week after finishing the season 13-1 and winning the third NC in four seasons most of us are going to think that thought process is a bit silly...

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Is any one also kinda concerned about this? I realize this is way after the fact, but I was starting to get a little concerned about them passing for that many yards. It's also way above what we averaged giving up in passing for the season. Just conversation fodder.
Better Questions:
How many yards did ND rush?
We gave them passing yards in the middle of the field, when we saw they were inept.

The best question would have been:
At what point did Coach Saban realize we were playing 'A Paper Tiger'?
I say CNS knew either on our second play from scrimmage or third...

FWIW: While ND scored on us, they had a little help from the refs on their first score.
I think ND scored without the refs on their second trip to the end zone.

ND does apparently have one receiver... No running backs... Or Linebackers...
Like the rest of America, I was not impressed with the Irish.
When America got bored, everyone probably agreed with Brent... AJs girlfriend really is a looker... ;)

BAMA JAMMA

Scout Team
Oct 28, 2007
Is any one also kinda concerned about this? I realize this is way after the fact, but I was starting to get a little concerned about them passing for that many yards. It's also way above what we averaged giving up in passing for the season.

Just conversation fodder.

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
You've exposed Alabama's weakness! We have some 2nd and 3rd string guys that aren't as good as the starters. We might as well shut down the program at this point.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
It doesn't worry me in the least..When you totally dominate an opponent in the 1st half like we did The Irish..It's human nature to lose that concentration of domination in the 2nd half..Take your foot off the gas I guess you could say..Which allows your opponent to put up some garbage point & yards..So that 270yrds & those 14 points isn't a true reflection of just how dominated The Irish was..So in other words..Enjoy the moment & savior the butt whooping our Boys put on Notre Dame..

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
Buncha hyenas on this board, IMO. It was mostly garbage time yards - why can't y'all just comment on that fact, instead of jumping all over him? Our passing defense was the weakest part of our defense this year IMO, and has been discussed on here all year. Will we be able to improve on it next year?

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
The plan appeared to be do our dead level best to get him to throw the ball and keep him contained. I am not concerned at all. They were going to make plays. They couldn't capitalize when it mattered. No I am not concerned. The game plan worked.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Is any one also kinda concerned about this? I realize this is way after the fact, but I was starting to get a little concerned about them passing for that many yards. It's also way above what we averaged giving up in passing for the season.

Just conversation fodder.
uh, well, im not worried at all...
we won that game 42-14, and that score was with us turning off the jets off in the second half...

48 hours of celebration are over, and i'm focusing on the next season

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Buncha hyenas on this board, IMO. It was mostly garbage time yards - why can't y'all just comment on that fact, instead of jumping all over him? Our passing defense was the weakest part of our defense this year IMO, and has been discussed on here all year. Will we be able to improve on it next year?
Because the season is over? Because next season's team will be different than this season's team? Because CNS has forgotten more about coaching the secondary than anyone here will ever know?

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
Because the season is over? Because next season's team will be different than this season's team? Because CNS has forgotten more about coaching the secondary than anyone here will ever know?
Not sure what you're asking here. The TS was simply asking a question - is the fact that we gave up a lot of passing yardage against ND a reason to be concerned? Instead of responding to the question, people were jumping all over him for daring to bring up the subject. Certainly he's not concerned about this past season - it's over. I don't think he's going to lose any sleep over it, but he's supposedly looking for comments on what our defensive backfield will look like next season. We're losing good talent (Milliner, Lester), but we have a wealth of talent coming back. So no, I'm not worried, or concerned. But there's no need to jump all over him for bringing up the subject.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.