One last thing about the game in Miami....

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
When my wife and I arrived to our seats at the stadium we noticed that the entire Alabama section (one entire side of the stadium adding up to approximately 35-40,000 seats) had "shakers/pom-pom's" in the cup holder of each seat. While I'm sure you get some great discount when you order them in sets of 10,000, it was IMO an incredibly thoughtful thing to have there, and a great way for us to help support the team. I walked over to the Notre Dame seats and saw that they had nothing except and empty cup holder (for their hopes and dreams).

Again, it was just a great gesture to the fans and the reason that the Alabama side looked so good on TV when all you saw was the mass of red/white shakers waving in the air in unison before kick off or after a touchdown, while the ND side had nothing (not that there was much to celebrate.) BTW, thank all of you bama fans that left your shakers after the game, as my wife and I now have enough for every game, for the rest of our lives. We shall never want again for shakers.

:biga2:game.....it's what bama always brings.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
We bought A cup, and when we went at halftime to buy more, they were sold out. It was easily the worst ran concessions I've ever seen in over 20 years. Sorry.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Very nice. I assume the University did this. They got a sponsor to do so for the LSU game last year at BDS (Regions I think - never market to people who aren't sober).

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
This was a nice thing, and all those shakers showed up well on TV when they showed our crowd celebrating - which was often! We brought our own, but quickly started using one in each hand for emphasis. :smile:

NJRollTide

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 20, 2009
The concessions were terrible. They were out of the souvenir cups half an hour before kickoff and they ran out of programs before kickoff as well. I was one of the last people to get my hands on some programs and people were offering me $100 for one. Seemed like the stadium was unprepared

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
WHAT THE WHAT!?!?! My wife asked if I wanted a program, but honestly have never seen the point in them. Now I understand.....capitalism. I'll make my retirement off of souvenir cups and programs.

PalmBayBama

All-SEC
Oct 11, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
It was easily the worst ran concessions I've ever seen in over 20 years.
The concessions were terrible. They were out of the souvenir cups half an hour before kickoff and they ran out of programs before kickoff as well. I was one of the last people to get my hands on some programs and people were offering me $100 for one. Seemed like the stadium was unprepared
In fairness, they're only used to having about 10,000 people in the stadium for Dolphins games ;)

James Eagle

1st Team
Aug 9, 2011
North Georgia
I searched around the stadum outside and inside for a program before and after the game but could not find one. What's up with that? Does anyone know if you can still order a program?

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I heard a rumor yesterday that Manti Teo was still in Miami.

Apparently he confused the bus home for Lacy missed it by 3 feet...

:)

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.