Jay Paterno : The Crimson High Tide Explained

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I completed enjoyed Paterno's column on Bama, he's got it full of fun facts. It's a great read.

I hadn't realized he was writing these days, and so out of curiosity, I read the first story he wrote, linked at the bottom of the story. It's titled : A future filled with tough questions.

Believe it or not, he's going on about the Sandy Hook shooting, and how awful it is that kids aren't safe at school anymore. The irony is so thick you might think you were reading a piece of satire from the Onion.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
The only thing that stopped our offense this year, in my opinion, was when Coach Nuss tried to out think himself and would get "too cute" with his play calling. There were times when we should have continued to mash people, but we would keep forcing pass plays. That was my one and only source of frustration this year, and that only happened a few times. It is great to be a Bama fan right now because there aren't many things that even cause frustration, much less anger. Roll Tide Roll!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I was amazed all year at how truly explosive we were. All the media ever talks about is our running game, and it's very important, but we were pretty darn effective making big plays in the passing game as well. We may have had more pass receptions of over 20 yards last season than in all of Coach Saban's previous ones at Bama combined. Possibly our best offense ever.
sip
I agree. This years offense set records for most points, TD's and yards.

dirtroadlizard

All-SEC
Nov 3, 2011
Bunker Creek , FL
There are many non curse words in the English language and the Bible that have no place on a football message board . I'm a 100% disabled vet and I have a lot of time on my hands . If I find something online that I feel would be of interest to the board , then I try and share it with our little forum .If one of you has a problem with the source of this information , please feel free to not read it .

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
There are many non curse words in the English language and the Bible that have no place on a football message board . I'm a 100% disabled vet and I have a lot of time on my hands . If I find something online that I feel would be of interest to the board , then I try and share it with our little forum .If one of you has a problem with the source of this information , please feel free to not read it .
It doesn't work quite that way. Anyone who posts a link is responsible for the language used on that link, regardless. Anyone who consistently posts links to other sites which have objectionable language or pictures will lose posting privileges. We are very serious about remaining a "family-friendly" site. IOW, a kid reading on his/her parent's machine should not follow a link to an site with objectionable language or images. This rule will be followed strictly, to the point of exclusion of the offender, if necessary. That's just the way it is here. Anyone who can't become comfortable with this rule needs to find another home...

dirtroadlizard

All-SEC
Nov 3, 2011
Bunker Creek , FL
When I post a link , I read the whole text and try and read any comments etc. just to make sure that all is acceptable to this board . I think this link was worth reading and not deserving of some of the replies .

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.