Big Ten to reconsider division names

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
In the humorous news of the day...

http://espn.go.com/college-football...ing-legends-leaders-divisions-jim-delany-says

Delany said he was a "little surprised" by the backlash when the division names were announced.

"I'm not sure it was a national survey [of people that didn't like the names], but people who hit the 'send' button," Delany said. "I don't take umbrage to negative reaction. I don't necessarily change when I hear it. I think on the other hand, we said we would test-market it, and we have for a couple of years. We have the opportunity to look at it again. I'm sure we will. Whether or not we change or not is to be determined. I don't have any presumption that we'll change on it, but that doesn't mean we're not looking at it.
:biggrin:

rhm54

1st Team
Nov 30, 2006
It's about time, Delany thought he was being original by changing it up. It turns out he was just wrong.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Since there are already 12 and soon to be 14 teams it is also time to let go of the Big 10 name. something with Midwest in the name or maybe Big 14. :confused:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.