Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation Second Team

Re: Refuting the Claim that Bama Has Oversigned and Gray-shirted It's Way to Success.

It's the rules. We play by the same ones they do. I just wish 1941 was as easily refuted...

2. Advertisement
    Suspended

Re: Refuting the Claim that Bama Has Oversigned and Gray-shirted It's Way to Success.

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    When they get through with greyshirting, oversigining, and processing players, they turn to steroids and other PEDs. It accomplished nothing to tell them that we have independent labs testing for all PEDs. Once the paranoia grows to the degree I've seen it on the ND sites, you're talking to people who are irrational. They have to explain their failure in some way. It can't be the obvious - better players, better coaching, better facilities, better S&C. No, it must be something totally unfair. Oh, forgot their academic excellence. (gag)...
    I visited one of ND's forums and even they were talking about one particular ND forum where you would be banned for pretty much anything negative. Of course I had to see this forum and was not disappointed.

One guy was ranting about everything you've heard all the other haters rant about, over signing, grey shirting and the ND specialty, their academic standards and 97% graduation rate. Saban is an evil person as well because he signed 100 players in 4 years and ND only signed 81.

My first impulse was to respond but haters are going to hate, so let it go. CNS has brought our graduation rate up dramatically,(#6 I believe), which we all should be proud of.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scrodz View Post
    It's the rules. We play by the same ones they do. I just wish 1941 was as easily refuted...
    True. It's a heavy burden indeed. I was thinking of it just the other day. If not for 1941, if not for 1941. That's what I was thinking. To myself. Just the other day.
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

BamaNation Hall of Fame IH8Orange's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JPT4Bama View Post
    True. It's a heavy burden indeed. I was thinking of it just the other day. If not for 1941, if not for 1941. That's what I was thinking. To myself. Just the other day.
    Wringing my hands over 1941 is what is responsible for my addiction to painkillers and my glue-sniffing and toad-licking habits. It's so disturbing, I may drink some Robitussin.
    "If it feels good, then you're not doing it right" - Coach Scott Cochran

"Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you." - Gregg Doyel

Quote Originally Posted by IH8Orange View Post
    Wringing my hands over 1941 is what is responsible for my addiction to painkillers and my glue-sniffing and toad-licking habits. It's so disturbing, I may drink some Robitussin.
    It's a pretty big deal.

Anyways, where can I score some toad these days? My source dried up.

It's a pretty big deal.

I don't know where you're living but all ours strangled in the last couple of days - seven inches of rain in the last two days, plus whatever fell today...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

When the 'Over-signing bunch' starts up I like to mention that we have a high attrition rate
    to the NFL.

That really gets them going... then I walk away. I think, It's their Ulcer, let them enjoy it,
    it's all they've got.
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; January 15th, 2013 at 11:12 PM. Reason: format

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I don't know where you're living but all ours strangled in the last couple of days - seven inches of rain in the last two days, plus whatever fell today...
    But are/were they "licking" quality??

We're getting plenty of nasty weather here in Hoover as well. Still, can't stop worrying about that 1941 title...

BamaNation Hall of Fame IH8Orange's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It's a pretty big deal.

You can probably find some on Lorna Rd., between Rocky Ridge and Municipal Drive. Just ask for Jose and say, "Yo quiero sapo."

Completely serious, dude.

BTW... I just bought a bottle of Elmers. I'll squeeze ya' out a line on some construction paper. I'm not stingy.
    Last edited by IH8Orange; January 15th, 2013 at 11:16 PM.
    "If it feels good, then you're not doing it right" - Coach Scott Cochran

"Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you." - Gregg Doyel

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

We're getting plenty of nasty weather here in Hoover as well. Still, can't stop worrying about that 1941 title...
    Yep... The Creek across the street is up in our street. (5 1/4" rain today at my house.)
    Waterfront property...

Quote Originally Posted by IH8Orange View Post
    You can probably find some on Lorna Rd., between Rocky Ridge and Municipal Drive. Just ask for Jose and say, "Yo quiero sapo."

Completely serious, dude.
    Those were the good old days. Not so much south of the border action like a few years ago. But, I'll tell them you sent me.

I'm pretty sure that any secretions they may have had were washed off. Also, all of yesterday, they were incrusted with ice, and that can't help. I wish that some of our ND visitors would take back to their home boards that we lost two players to NCAA drug tests a couple of years back and Saban hired an independent, outside agency to test our players for both PEDs and recreational drugs. Of course, it gives us the chance to intercept some cases, particularly recreational cases, and get them into a STEP program, instead of the NCAA discovering it and imposing the automatic 12 month ban, which accomplishes nothing. For those who want to attribute all of Bama's success to PEDs, they should do a little investigating (not that they will). Also, ND is rightfully proud of their #1 GSR ranking. However, they might want to look over their shoulders at #6, who just mopped up the field with them...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus