Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Scout Team

Re: SN: Father of Manti Te'o urges people to not read hometown newspaper

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I think the Tide fans got a bit of "T'eo fatigue" in the big build up, particularly when so little was being written about Mosely, who is probably really a better LB. That may explain why some of the Tide fans' evaluations may seem a bit harsh. I tend to think that MT is really a better player than showed on 1/9. The bad angles taken by a lot of the ND tacklers, which I attribute to have simply not having seen the kind of speed they were facing. A tackler has only a split second to make a decision and, if that angle is just slightly off, then a runner like a Lacy or Yeldon is either by you or you aren't going to get enough to overcome his strength. That said, some of the NFL scouts were already using the "phone booth" comment about MT. It'll be interesting to see how he goes in the draft. He seems like a really nice kid. Hard to imagine his carrying Jones' suitcase for him when Barrett was on crutches...
    There are about six lb at bama that is better than MT. They are stronger and faster than he they just don't stand out from the rest of the team like MT does his team.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Bama offensive linemen getting to the 2nd level also messed up some of ND LB's angles.

BamaNation First Team

I watched the game again Saturday nite for the 4th time. ESPN posted all the awards he won this year which was at least 6. This was close to halftime and we had controlled the entire game.

I would like to see a comparison of Mosley vs Teo based on the number of plays. If I recall Mosley had more or the same number of tackles . If anyone has that data it would be interesting too see.

I do not feel sorry for the kid in the least. He is going to play in the NFL , so if I were his dad he needs to buy some big girl Panties and shut up about the media

Quote Originally Posted by CHATTBRIT View Post
    While I think Te'o is a good LB he is certainly not an elite LB. Looking at the list of awards he received many were as a result of his back story and the fact ND were playing a mostly weak schedule.
    I watched quite a few of their games this season I watch Notre Dame because I love seeing them lose. He has a knack for the ball and is pretty good in coverage. He makes a lot of tackles because he is the best player in their back 7 and Nix can easily take on two against any o-line they played this year, other than us. Leaving him free to make plays.

Good but not elite. He wouldn't start for many SEC schools, though he would play

BamaNation All-American CoastGhost's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Well, I suspect they were unable to find a photo of him doing something heroic. Meanwhile, daddy was not providing photos and interviews for the good of the paper but rather cashing in on his son's fame and living the life of a vicarious celebrity (no problem with his doing that but its true). I wonder if he collected all those articles and showed them to all the neighbors???

BamaNation Hall of Fame IH8Orange's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Mr. Te'o is probably just a bit frustrated over his son's mediocre showing in the spotlight, but programs have to be very careful when you have parents that are a bit too involved in their children's lives. Some parents are supportive and want to do things the right way, like Cris Carter. Others, like Craig James, overindulge their overrated offspring and wreak havoc on a program. Yet others, like Juicy Locke, look to ride the coattails of their kids to better themselves.

As others have noted, if Mr. Te'o gets his panties in a wad over this, he's going to be in bad shape when Manti underperforms at some point in the NFL and the press drops the hammer.
    "If it feels good, then you're not doing it right" - Coach Scott Cochran

"Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you." - Gregg Doyel

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I think a lot of people walked away from that game with the impression Manti was vastly overrated, but more specifically, on the physical level. Which I'm not sure is true or not.

It appeared to me that he played slow due to being confused half the night. Though our offense may "appear" simple and boring. It is more complex than a lot of people think. I think he was confused and on a football field when you don't know what you're doing or where to be you play slow. I also don't think he was ready for the physical play of our entire team. You could tell on several plays that he wasn't used to the RB's giving him that much resistance. Lacy was slinging Notre Dame players off of him while still churning his legs forward.
    I thought he was a good LB but not as good as the hype. He spent a lot of time on the awards circuit so he may have been hurt by that, although it didn't seem to affect Barrett Jones or Johnny Football.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar

He is a good LB. Nothing more. He was the product of brilliant marketing by NBC and ESPN. Bama exposed not only him but his teamates as well.

Maybe his Daddy needs to do some sort of warrior dance or add another tat or just shut up.
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

if given a choice i'd take C.J.,Trey,or Nico over this cat any day!
    "Every picture tells a story,don't it"

Oklahoma will begin working with the Pacific Institute after this season.

"(Oklahoma coach) Bob Stoops' words to me were, 'I want exactly what Alabama got,'" Richardson said.

"The university of awebarn!" CNS, 03-06-10

The University of Alabama........keeping the trophy industry busy since 1924! RTR!!!

"I'm just too damn old to start over somewhere else"! CNS 09.19.13

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

SN: Father of Manti Te'o urges people to not read hometown newspaper

He was who I thought he was. We didn't let him off the hook either.

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TrueGritnPluck View Post
    Lenin, Marx, Pat Dye and Robert Lowder all approve of Brian and his message
    Marx?

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlehead82 View Post
    My post was tongue in cheek ,but to be honest, te'o was never technically ran over.
    Better tell TJ: http://blogs.tennesseevalleynow.com/...YeldonRun3.jpg
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post
    100+ tackles his sophomore-senior year.

His dad is an intense guy, but Manti and the Te'o's have brought an UNBELIEVABLE amount of scouts back to their native soil. Marcus Mariotta may not have gotten the amount of recruiting he did if it weren't for Manti, and he has said as such. Look at Savineiia (spelling?) this year. They have done so much for that community and for that paper, so I do see his point.

Then again, once you thrust yourself into the spotlight, you should be able to take the criticism.
    Then you really should take off your clover leaf shaped, Irish green colored glasses.
    RIP Hub