Link: Texas A&M tells Johnny Manziel to grow up.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I'm surprised that it took the Athletic Department so long to instigate this. If I was JM's mother, this would have been done long ago with a sit down with me and Mr. Manziel. I really like this kid, except when he plays Bama, :) and I hope this little "intervention" serves him well.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
From what I've heard, they are trying their darnedest to keep him on the straight and narrow. Eventually, the kid has to decide to be responsible. I like him and he's fun to watch, but he must decide.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Sad part is have not seen anything he has done that 90% of other kids don't or would not do. This guy should enjoy this time in his life 3 years from now when he graduates the fun will be over. The only thing I would suggest to him is be careful of your surroundings and know where the cameras are.

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
Sad part is have not seen anything he has done that 90% of other kids don't or would not do. This guy should enjoy this time in his life 3 years from now when he graduates the fun will be over. The only thing I would suggest to him is be careful of your surroundings and know where the cameras are.
Certainly understand you statements. But with someone of his public stature now, they will be everywhere......

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
i see no problem with a kid enjoying a heisman trophy for a month as long as he's staying in shape and getting ready for spring ball. fact is aTm was nothing b/w coach bryant and johnny football...they're back on the map thanks to Manziel.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Johnny Manziel is now a victim of his own success.
Johnny will be in a 'Fishbowl' the rest of his college days. Everybody is watching him.
Lots will watch in a game of 'Gotcha'. :(
This is acceptable on the football field, but off the field there will be police, other students,
and media types who will watch everything he does or says.
There are a surprising number of people who would like nothing better than to bring down
'Johnny Football'/'Johnny Heisman'.
Some people have always thought they looked taller, by belittling other people.

Last edited:

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I like the kid. I hope he gets and stays on the straight path, and I wish him all the best except when he plays us of course.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I wonder if they could reprimand him strongly enough to get him mad and threaten to transfer...

granted that would be a childish reaction, but you never know for sure what somebody might do.

u2bama

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 4, 2001
Gautier, MS, USA
Johnny Manziel is now a victim of his own success.
Johnny will be in a 'Fishbowl' the rest of his college days. Everybody is watching him.
Lots will watch in a game of 'Gotcha'. :(
This is acceptable on the football field, but off the field there will be police, other students,
and media types who will watch everything he does or says.
There are a surprising number of people who would like nothing better than to bring down
'Johnny Football'/'Johnny Heisman'.
Some people have always thought they looked taller, by belittling other people.

Don't you have to do something for others to be able to bring you down..... Tim Tebow and Mark Ingram won the Heisman in the same time period as little Johnnie Heisman (they were not redshirted); never heard about these type of issues with them. Johnnie as well as everyone else should carry themselves the way they choose; however, you are not going to be held to higher standard if you are not going to live to a higher standard. Johnnie has currently chosen to not live to a higher standard, go have fun, if thats what you call it.... but blasting a picture of you with a wad of 100s gives people justification to raise questions when you are the "Star" qb at Texas A&M or a punk recruit from poduct high school who just signed with the college of his choice.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Not everybody has to be a role model. Should he, yes. I don't care what he does but I can certainly see why A&M does. CNS always preaches about representing your institution in a first class way on and off the field. This is what they are trying to convey. Success always brings the bloodsuckers out too, and you have to protect yourself (and in his case, his brand) against that. With all the tragedy recently you would think it wouldn't be too hard to figure that out.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
I wonder if they could reprimand him strongly enough to get him mad and threaten to transfer...

granted that would be a childish reaction, but you never know for sure what somebody might do.
No because then he would transfer to Oregon and they would average infinity points per game! :biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.