Link: Texas A&M tells Johnny Manziel to grow up.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Judging from results, he seems to be keeping his game playing and partying in the correct order...

I don't really understand the reason it's so popular to pose holding a fan of cash. We've seen it over and over. Is it the novelty of holding a few thousand dollars in one hand, or the suggestion he's gambling on games, or maybe was paid to play where he wound up? I just don't get that particular pose. Maybe it's just a more generic badboy thing to do.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Overblown in my opinion. It's the off season and he just won the Heisman. Let the young man have some fun without having to face the scrutiny.

I will say this however...you won't see any Alabama player under Saban in a photo like that or the caption will be..."Former Alabama Quarterback..." :)

sip

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
I don't know why the names Stabler and Namath popped into my head while reading this encyclopedia of Puritan admonishment. Maybe not the best decisions for someone whose only remaining unaccomplished feat is walking on water. When he gets nominated to the @uburn Free Stuff Club, I might feel a bit more judgmental.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
If you're a college athlete and dumb enough to get a picture taken of you with fanned out hundred dollar bills, you're a complete moron.
I may not agree with every action JM does, but I dang sure am not going to call the guy a "moron" or "dumb". Climb down off your holier than thou mountain. The guy is a teenager and is going to make mistakes. From all accounts he has great parents that will help him grow and mature into a great man. It is all part of the maturation process. Teenagers are not finished products, they are still learning and growing into who they will become. I for one have not gave up on JM or any other teenager who makes a mistake or two...

Aggie Scott

Scout Team
May 1, 2012
Sad part is have not seen anything he has done that 90% of other kids don't or would not do. This guy should enjoy this time in his life 3 years from now when he graduates the fun will be over. The only thing I would suggest to him is be careful of your surroundings and know where the cameras are.
Exactly!!!!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I may not agree with every action JM does, but I dang sure am not going to call the guy a "moron" or "dumb". Climb down off your holier than thou mountain. The guy is a teenager and is going to make mistakes. From all accounts he has great parents that will help him grow and mature into a great man. It is all part of the maturation process. Teenagers are not finished products, they are still learning and growing into who they will become. I for one have not gave up on JM or any other teenager who makes a mistake or two...
Technically no longer a teenager, but the most recent studies show that the brain doesn't really mature until around 25, not that we all didn't know that... :)

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.