Bama Is Kicking Some Major Butt In ESPN'S All Time Program Dynasty Poll!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I can't get it to work, but it's probably because I've killed Java until they get their security issues fixed for good...

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
I voted but I think a lot of us are biased towards the more modern era. No doubt I think Bama is the best but Minnesota winning 3 straight and Oklahoma's 47 game winning streak are pretty impressive.

BTW, here is how I voted:
1. Bama
2. OU
3. Miami
4. ND
5. Minnesota
6. Nebraska
7. USC

Last edited:

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I can't get it to work, but it's probably because I've killed Java until they get their security issues fixed for good...
Fixed with version 7 update 11

Can't say that I put a huge amount of thought into it, but...

1. Alabama
2. Nebraska
3. USC
4. Miami
5. Notre Dame
6. Oklahoma
7. Minnesota

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Fixed with version 7 update 11

Can't say that I put a huge amount of thought into it, but...

1. Alabama
2. Nebraska
3. USC
4. Miami
5. Notre Dame
6. Oklahoma
7. Minnesota
There are a lot of experts who disagree. (I don't mean with your rankings...) :D Here's a link to a PCWorld article, which maintains that they should start from scratch and rewrite their code... LINK

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I wasn't sure if they wanted us to rank the teams just on their dynasty years or over their entire history. I went with the latter.

1. Alabama
2. Notre Dame
3. Okahoma
4. Nebraska
5. USC
6. Miami
7. Minnesota

If I had done this tomorrow, I might have vote differently. Here was my reasoning.

I had us at the top. Obviously, I'm biased, couldn't really argue with someone who had us second and Notre Dame at the top. Minnesota had a nice early run but there is no way I'd put them above last in this poll. Miami was sixth for being a johnny come lately compared to the others. No real reason I had the Sooners third and Nebraska fourth and USC was the only one left for fifth.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I wasn't sure if they wanted us to rank the teams just on their dynasty years or over their entire history. I went with the latter.

1. Alabama
2. Notre Dame
3. Okahoma
4. Nebraska
5. USC
6. Miami
7. Minnesota

If I had done this tomorrow, I might have vote differently. Here was my reasoning.

I had us at the top. Obviously, I'm biased, couldn't really argue with someone who had us second and Notre Dame at the top. Minnesota had a nice early run but there is no way I'd put them above last in this poll. Miami was sixth for being a johnny come lately compared to the others. No real reason I had the Sooners third and Nebraska fourth and USC was the only one left for fifth.
I think it's the number of dynasty stretches they've had over the entire history of the sport.
For example Bama's had several stretches since the 20's where we've won three national titles in a short period of time.
No one else is even close to that.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Bama
Miami
Oklahoma
Nebraska
USC
ND
Minnesota

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk

As much as I like Okie & Neb & dislike Miami, I have to agree with my friends ranking. Those Miami teams won wit serious changes in coaching & players.
92 brought them back to earth, but they run over most folks & you have to admire them going anywhere to play rather than sit home & cry like Bosie.

Dont think a good field goal kicker is a huge part of the team?
I know FSU fans do.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
As much as I like Okie & Neb & dislike Miami, I have to agree with my friends ranking. Those Miami teams won wit serious changes in coaching & players.
92 brought them back to earth, but they run over most folks & you have to admire them going anywhere to play rather than sit home & cry like Bosie.

Dont think a good field goal kicker is a huge part of the team?
I know FSU fans do.
One missed field goal in games against Miami cost FSU what? Five national titles? Maybe even more.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Bama
Oklahoma
ND
USC
Nebraska
Miami
Minnesota

Miami has only been good for 30 years or so. They are traditionally horrible, but they were the dominant program for about 20 years. The other teams have been good over time, except for Minnesota. I wouldn't have put Minnesota on the list.

I hope some of our Texas friends have seen this poll. Remember how they acted like Texas was the best program ever in "09?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.