Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Schlabach - Ten Bold Predictions for 2013

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...llege-football

Couple of highlights:
    McCarron will be a Heisman Trophy finalist, and might even win it.
    Sadly, Delany and the Big Ten's athletic directors and presidents will pass on the most appropriate division names available: Rose Bowl Loser and Capital One Bowl Loser.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Schlabach - Ten Bold Predictions for 2013

Well can't complain about point number one. I'm not a fan of the last prediction regarding the barn, however.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

To worship You, I live
    To worship You, I live
    I live to worship You. -
    Israel Houghton

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It would be nice... 3-peat could very well happen.

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-SEC Snuffy Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica4Bama View Post
    Well can't complain about point number one. I'm not a fan of the last prediction regarding the barn, however.
    I'm not sure what he calls "most improved" - they really don't have much place to go other than up. If they finish 6-6 they have doubled their win total. As far as the QB situation goes we will have to wait and see but I would be shocked if Gus actually caught lightning in a bottle twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy Smith View Post
    I'm not sure what he calls "most improved" - they really don't have much place to go other than up. If they finish 6-6 they have doubled their win total. As far as the QB situation goes we will have to wait and see but I would be shocked if Gus actually caught lightning in a bottle twice.
    Agreed.

For the talking heads enamored of the spread, check out Malzahn's juqgernaut against Alabama, LSU, Arkansas, and Georgia in 2009 and 2011.

Or let me save you the trouble: about 19.5 points a game in 2009, and about 11 in 2011.

But 2011 includes a fumble recovered for TD, and a KR for a TD against us in 2011. Even assuming no such luck against the other three (and i do not know how the boogs scored in those games), the vaunted Malzahn offense scored an average of less than 8 points a game against the four teams that mattered in 2011.

Unless you have a Tebow / Cam / Manziel QB (all three of whom won the Heisman), that offense does not win against good teams.

If you want to predicate your program on having Heisman winners at the QB position, be my guest. Otherwise, play championship football.
    Undefeated World Champion Threadkiller

BamaNation All-SEC CrimsonTheory's Avatar
    My Mood
    Brooding on TideFans.com

I could see AU improving in 2013, but I can't buy into AU being the "most improved" team next year. I just don't see the talent/coaching making that kind of impact in 2013.
    the former CrimsonBleedRed.

BamaNation First Team

Wonder why the Marshall guy was dismissed from Georgia? Oh well apparently yet another thug for *U.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

OK... We may play the DUCKS in the BCS Game next year...
    It's time they put up or shut up. I prefer the later.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTheory View Post
    I could see AU improving in 2013, but I can't buy into AU being the "most improved" team next year. I just don't see the talent/coaching making that kind of impact in 2013.
    I can't believe it either. The main reason I'm doubting that they'll bounce back so quickly is that NO TEAM can change offensive schemes one year after another without severe repercussions.
    No, they'll wander around at least a couple more years before establishing a new identity. When it's all said and done (probably more said than done) we'll all learn what we've always known - SNASS.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    OK... We may play the DUCKS in the BCS Game next year...
    It's time they put up or shut up. I prefer the later.
    Didn't they have that opportunity already? They lose a lot this year.

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

So Gus has found him a Cammy Cam?

Wont matter this time.

BamaNation All-American

Among several players caught stealing from his teammates. Maybe he'll get a statue, too.

Quote Originally Posted by uofaJO1987 View Post
    Wonder why the Marshall guy was dismissed from Georgia? Oh well apparently yet another thug for *U.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Depressed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    Agreed.

For the talking heads enamored of the spread, check out Malzahn's juqgernaut against Alabama, LSU, Arkansas, and Georgia in 2009 and 2011.

Or let me save you the trouble: about 19.5 points a game in 2009, and about 11 in 2011.

But 2011 includes a fumble recovered for TD, and a KR for a TD against us in 2011. Even assuming no such luck against the other three (and i do not know how the boogs scored in those games), the vaunted Malzahn offense scored an average of less than 8 points a game against the four teams that mattered in 2011.

Unless you have a Tebow / Cam / Manziel QB (all three of whom won the Heisman), that offense does not win against good teams.

If you want to predicate your program on having Heisman winners at the QB position, be my guest. Otherwise, play championship football.
    Although the other scores were all on offense, the TD against LSU came with 2:22 left in a 45-3 game, meaning it was against probably the fourth string.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again

Only a few people in the world have the ability to remember everything. I'm one of them. Pick any day of my life, and I can tell you what I saw or heard.