Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Well can't complain about point number one. I'm not a fan of the last prediction regarding the barn, however.
I'm not sure what he calls "most improved" - they really don't have much place to go other than up. If they finish 6-6 they have doubled their win total. As far as the QB situation goes we will have to wait and see but I would be shocked if Gus actually caught lightning in a bottle twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I'm not sure what he calls "most improved" - they really don't have much place to go other than up. If they finish 6-6 they have doubled their win total. As far as the QB situation goes we will have to wait and see but I would be shocked if Gus actually caught lightning in a bottle twice.
Agreed.

For the talking heads enamored of the spread, check out Malzahn's juqgernaut against Alabama, LSU, Arkansas, and Georgia in 2009 and 2011.

Or let me save you the trouble: about 19.5 points a game in 2009, and about 11 in 2011.

But 2011 includes a fumble recovered for TD, and a KR for a TD against us in 2011. Even assuming no such luck against the other three (and i do not know how the boogs scored in those games), the vaunted Malzahn offense scored an average of less than 8 points a game against the four teams that mattered in 2011.

Unless you have a Tebow / Cam / Manziel QB (all three of whom won the Heisman), that offense does not win against good teams.

If you want to predicate your program on having Heisman winners at the QB position, be my guest. Otherwise, play championship football.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I could see AU improving in 2013, but I can't buy into AU being the "most improved" team next year. I just don't see the talent/coaching making that kind of impact in 2013.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I could see AU improving in 2013, but I can't buy into AU being the "most improved" team next year. I just don't see the talent/coaching making that kind of impact in 2013.
I can't believe it either. The main reason I'm doubting that they'll bounce back so quickly is that NO TEAM can change offensive schemes one year after another without severe repercussions.
No, they'll wander around at least a couple more years before establishing a new identity. When it's all said and done (probably more said than done) we'll all learn what we've always known - SNASS.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Agreed.

For the talking heads enamored of the spread, check out Malzahn's juqgernaut against Alabama, LSU, Arkansas, and Georgia in 2009 and 2011.

Or let me save you the trouble: about 19.5 points a game in 2009, and about 11 in 2011.

But 2011 includes a fumble recovered for TD, and a KR for a TD against us in 2011. Even assuming no such luck against the other three (and i do not know how the boogs scored in those games), the vaunted Malzahn offense scored an average of less than 8 points a game against the four teams that mattered in 2011.

Unless you have a Tebow / Cam / Manziel QB (all three of whom won the Heisman), that offense does not win against good teams.

If you want to predicate your program on having Heisman winners at the QB position, be my guest. Otherwise, play championship football.
Although the other scores were all on offense, the TD against LSU came with 2:22 left in a 45-3 game, meaning it was against probably the fourth string.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.