Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team tattooguy21's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Did everyone forget about Dee Hart, DeAndrew White, and Jalston Fowler?

These guys were injured so early in the season that they never got to make a big impact. I remember the 2011-2012 season though, and I remember how great the "I" formation was, how good Fowler was when he was put in after Lacy, Hart on special teams rocking the punt return, and White always being a steady, solid receiver.

The bad news is, these guys will have to fight their way back into a position on the team that saw a national title without their help. In any event, they were all solid players, and I loved watching them.

Is there anyone else that was injured that's trying to come back this season that may have fallen off the radar due to all the buzz around recruiting? We should always be excited about the incoming prospects, but lets not forget about the guys already on the team, even though the might not have been able to contribute since the early part of the season.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Did everyone forget about Dee Hart, DeAndrew White, and Jalston Fowler?

Jarrick Williams was expected to be in the DB rotation before his ACL injury, and of course, there was Chris Black. I think Black, Fowler, and White will be contributors next year, assuming their recovery goes well. Hart and Williams will be battling a ton of young players at their positions, so I'm not sure how those battles will shake out.
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

We have enough talent coming in next year, that players like Fowler, Hart, and Black will have to beat out competition by incoming Freshmen ,to get playing time. (Embarrassment of Riches)
    I expect these guys back on the field... Means experience should give them an edge on some of the new guys.

Even though we won the BCS Championship, it would have been much easier if we had the services of Fowler. We lost a part of our playbook that fit Jalston, like a glove...
    Our return game might have been more dynamic if we had a healthy Hart.
    Our receiving corp. would have been even better if we had Black on the field ect...

There's gonna be some interesting battles leading up to our A-Day Game.
    I expect some of these battles will go on into the fall.
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; January 15th, 2013 at 11:57 PM. Reason: format

Quote Originally Posted by TideFan in AU View Post
    Jarrick Williams was expected to be in the DB rotation before his ACL injury, and of course, there was Chris Black. I think Black, Fowler, and White will be contributors next year, assuming their recovery goes well. Hart and Williams will be battling a ton of young players at their positions, so I'm not sure how those battles will shake out.
    Williams was basically healthy enough to play in the BCSCG, if we'd have needed him. We're going to need help in the DBs, so I think he'll be back in rotation. I also think you can't keep Fowler, Black and White out of the rotation. Remember Mel Kiper's (I think) remark - "Without Deandre White, Alabama doesn't have an answer." Of course, as usual, he was clueless and didn't realize just how deep we were at receiver. (I certainly didn't.) The one who concerns me is Hart. He's had to come back from ACL rehab twice. I've done it once and I just can't imagine having to do it twice. The formal recovery period is usually 7-10 months, but that's not really to 100%. Just ask Upshaw. So, has Hart run out of time? I don't know. I hope not. He was our first choice for PR and was looking damn good at it. Now, he has at least one Jones to fight his way past...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

It hits me that we're basically talking all skill guys here. We badly need some young OL to come through or these skill guys won't be helping us much...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team

It's going to be scary how deep we'll be at the skill positions in 2013.

RB: Yeldon, Fowler, Hart, Drake, Henry, Tenpenny, Tyren Jones

WR: Cooper, Norwood, Christion Jones, Bell, White, Black, Cyrus Jones, Robert Foster, Shinn

TE: Vogler, Howard

Can anyone recall a Bama team that was that deep at the skill positions?

Quote Originally Posted by RammerJammer91 View Post
    It's going to be scary how deep we'll be at the skill positions in 2013.

RB: Yeldon, Fowler, Hart, Drake, Henry, Tenpenny, Tyren Jones

WR: Cooper, Norwood, Christion Jones, Bell, White, Black, Cyrus Jones, Robert Foster, Shinn

TE: Vogler, Howard

Can anyone recall a Bama team that was that deep at the skill positions?
    Not really, but I wish we were a bit more proven at QB...

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    It hits me that we're basically talking all skill guys here. We badly need some young OL to come through or these skill guys won't be helping us much...
    This is what concerns me also. Its fun to talk about all of those skill guys but if you dont have the big butts to put a hat on a hat then all the skill in the world wont matter. I just hope we can open up some holes and pass block. We'll see.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Williams was basically healthy enough to play in the BCSCG, if we'd have needed him. We're going to need help in the DBs, so I think he'll be back in rotation. I also think you can't keep Fowler, Black and White out of the rotation. Remember Mel Kiper's (I think) remark - "Without Deandre White, Alabama doesn't have an answer." Of course, as usual, he was clueless and didn't realize just how deep we were at receiver. (I certainly didn't.) The one who concerns me is Hart. He's had to come back from ACL rehab twice. I've done it once and I just can't imagine having to do it twice. The formal recovery period is usually 7-10 months, but that's not really to 100%. Just ask Upshaw. So, has Hart run out of time? I don't know. I hope not. He was our first choice for PR and was looking damn good at it. Now, he has at least one Jones to fight his way past...
    I think you meant Hightower instead of Upshaw didn't you? - but I share the same concern with Hart. Hopefully he can beat the odds and come back to contribute.
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by TideFan in AU View Post
    I think you meant Hightower instead of Upshaw didn't you? - but I share the same concern with Hart. Hopefully he can beat the odds and come back to contribute.
    I did. Thanks...

Cool Re: Did everyone forget about Dee Hart, DeAndrew White, and Jalston Fowler?

Ole Donte looked 100% against the Texans the other night!
    "Every picture tells a story,don't it"

Oklahoma will begin working with the Pacific Institute after this season.

"(Oklahoma coach) Bob Stoops' words to me were, 'I want exactly what Alabama got,'" Richardson said.

"The university of awebarn!" CNS, 03-06-10

The University of Alabama........keeping the trophy industry busy since 1924! RTR!!!

"I'm just too damn old to start over somewhere else"! CNS 09.19.13

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by hacksaw830 View Post
    This is what concerns me also. Its fun to talk about all of those skill guys but if you dont have the big butts to put a hat on a hat then all the skill in the world wont matter. I just hope we can open up some holes and pass block. We'll see.

Ditto the ditto.

Not really, but I wish we were a bit more proven at QB...
    AJ has been pretty lackluster on the big stage...... [crickets]......