Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Did everyone forget about Dee Hart, DeAndrew White, and Jalston Fowler?

Quote Originally Posted by tattooguy21 View Post
    These guys were injured so early in the season that they never got to make a big impact. I remember the 2011-2012 season though, and I remember how great the "I" formation was, how good Fowler was when he was put in after Lacy, Hart on special teams rocking the punt return, and White always being a steady, solid receiver.

The bad news is, these guys will have to fight their way back into a position on the team that saw a national title without their help. In any event, they were all solid players, and I loved watching them.

Is there anyone else that was injured that's trying to come back this season that may have fallen off the radar due to all the buzz around recruiting? We should always be excited about the incoming prospects, but lets not forget about the guys already on the team, even though the might not have been able to contribute since the early part of the season.
    I didnt, and I'm excited about getting Fowler back...he's a bruiser of a RB, and that I formation was going to be deadly...

hopefully he comes back full strngth, and we'll see some new twists in the offense with two back sets.

we're absolutey loaded at WR, and Deandrew just brings some experience with him as well...

Dee hart hasnt had a chance to show what he can do, and Im hoping, for him as well as us, that this is his season to shine...

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    It hits me that we're basically talking all skill guys here. We badly need some young OL to come through or these skill guys won't be helping us much...
    We have some stars waiting to shine for the OL....Arie Kouandjou, Isaac Latua, Ryan Kelly, Brandon Green, Caleb Gulledge, etc...
    I think that some of them will step up...not sure a freshman is going to make the cut here, as its hard to crack the rotation on the line as a true freshman...maybe Tunsil if he comes to Bama...

Biggest question is how quickly the new linemen will 'gel' together...thats always the biggest question; will they get in step quickly as a unit...

Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

To answer the OT: NO...

Quote Originally Posted by bamafaninOhiO View Post
    We have some stars waiting to shine for the OL....Arie Kouandjou, Isaac Latua, Ryan Kelly, Brandon Green, Caleb Gulledge, etc...
    I think that some of them will step up...not sure a freshman is going to make the cut here, as its hard to crack the rotation on the line as a true freshman...maybe Tunsil if he comes to Bama...

Biggest question is how quickly the new linemen will 'gel' together...thats always the biggest question; will they get in step quickly as a unit...
    Aren't we bringing in a JUCO RT as well?

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I haven't forgotten about White and Fowler. I expect them to contribute a lot next year. Fowler may end up with better raw statistics though. There are so many WRs to choose from for McCarron. I kinda expect Cooper to put up 1000 yard season and 3 or maybe 4 other guys get between 300-400 yards.

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

i was terribly worried when fowler went down. he looked nasty against michigan, im excited to see him back out there.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    I haven't forgotten about White and Fowler. I expect them to contribute a lot next year. Fowler may end up with better raw statistics though. There are so many WRs to choose from for McCarron. I kinda expect Cooper to put up 1000 yard season and 3 or maybe 4 other guys get between 300-400 yards.
    Cooper may have to work harder to get his 1000 with the returing WR's.... Chris Black, Kenny Bell, Deandrew White, Kevin Norwood, Christion and Cyrus Jones...and now freshman Robert Foster (He may not contribute this season, since he doesnt get on campus until fall and with the depth ahead of him)...

this is without a doubt one of the strongest 'groups' of receivers in the nation...

Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamafaninOhiO View Post
    Cooper may have to work harder to get his 1000 with the returing WR's.... Chris Black, Kenny Bell, Deandrew White, Kevin Norwood, Christion and Cyrus Jones...and now freshman Robert Foster (He may not contribute this season, since he doesnt get on campus until fall and with the depth ahead of him)...

this is without a doubt one of the strongest 'groups' of receivers in the nation...
    With a better supporting class, it actually might help AC. He is the type of player that is a deep threat at any time. He very well could average over 80 yards a game just on one play! I see it very unlikely that he doesn't reach the 1000 yard marker, baring injury, next season.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    With a better supporting class, it actually might help AC. He is the type of player that is a deep threat at any time. He very well could average over 80 yards a game just on one play! I see it very unlikely that he doesn't reach the 1000 yard marker, baring injury, next season.

After watching him this year, I wouldnt doubt him reaching 1000 yards. He'll definitly be the 'marked' receiver next year....so it may open it up for others a bit more. We'll have at least three legitimate, deep ball threats next season. We may well end up having 4 receivers with 700+ yards; better to spread it around to open receivers, and let the defense pick their poison...Thats a good thing.

No matter how the numbers end up, we'll hvae one deep group of receivers.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

He may be a "marked man" next year, but Cooper isn't going to get much beyond safety help in terms of doubles because the complete receiving corp is so good. You can only do those crazy CB-LB, CB-S, etc bracket coverages when the other guys aren't threats and the QB is young.

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

i think having hart back in the punt return game will exponentially help special teams.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    He may be a "marked man" next year, but Cooper isn't going to get much beyond safety help in terms of doubles because the complete receiving corp is so good. You can only do those crazy CB-LB, CB-S, etc bracket coverages when the other guys aren't threats and the QB is young.
    Whereas we have an experienced "game manager" at QB.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by nx4bama View Post
    AJ has been pretty lackluster on the big stage...... [crickets]......

I think Earle was referring to depth at that position. Could be wrong.