Question: Did everyone forget about Dee Hart, DeAndrew White, and Jalston Fowler?

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Cooper may have to work harder to get his 1000 with the returing WR's.... Chris Black, Kenny Bell, Deandrew White, Kevin Norwood, Christion and Cyrus Jones...and now freshman Robert Foster (He may not contribute this season, since he doesnt get on campus until fall and with the depth ahead of him)...

this is without a doubt one of the strongest 'groups' of receivers in the nation...
With a better supporting class, it actually might help AC. He is the type of player that is a deep threat at any time. He very well could average over 80 yards a game just on one play! I see it very unlikely that he doesn't reach the 1000 yard marker, baring injury, next season.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
With a better supporting class, it actually might help AC. He is the type of player that is a deep threat at any time. He very well could average over 80 yards a game just on one play! I see it very unlikely that he doesn't reach the 1000 yard marker, baring injury, next season.

After watching him this year, I wouldnt doubt him reaching 1000 yards. He'll definitly be the 'marked' receiver next year....so it may open it up for others a bit more. We'll have at least three legitimate, deep ball threats next season. We may well end up having 4 receivers with 700+ yards; better to spread it around to open receivers, and let the defense pick their poison...Thats a good thing.

No matter how the numbers end up, we'll hvae one deep group of receivers.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He may be a "marked man" next year, but Cooper isn't going to get much beyond safety help in terms of doubles because the complete receiving corp is so good. You can only do those crazy CB-LB, CB-S, etc bracket coverages when the other guys aren't threats and the QB is young.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
He may be a "marked man" next year, but Cooper isn't going to get much beyond safety help in terms of doubles because the complete receiving corp is so good. You can only do those crazy CB-LB, CB-S, etc bracket coverages when the other guys aren't threats and the QB is young.
Whereas we have an experienced "game manager" at QB. :)

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Plus we'll have Duron Carter (ducks and runs):tongue:
Who? New recruit from outa state, another Aussie or sumthin?

But seriously, who can forget Jalston, Deandrew and Dee? Jalston is one of my favorites and DeAndrew was really starting to contribute when he went down. Dee has the potential to be a Prothro or Palmer type player on special teams. I just hope they all recover well enough physically to be mentally prepared. Especially in Dee's case since this is the second round for him.

RTR!!!

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
This is what concerns me also. Its fun to talk about all of those skill guys but if you dont have the big butts to put a hat on a hat then all the skill in the world wont matter. I just hope we can open up some holes and pass block. We'll see.
In watching the second team OL they look pretty good at least in the running attack we'll have to see how they shake out but I don't doubt that our coaches will be "coaching them up".

As has been mentioned Hart will be coming off his second knee injury. He's a dynamic player but I wonder if he's too small to be in our RB rotation.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
With Lacy gone I see our depth chart at rb like this.Yeldon, 2a Drake 2b Fowler if heathly, Henry and then Jones and Tenpenny.I hate to say it but I see Hart as the odd man out here. Injuries have put him way behind and it is unfortunate because he is a talent. I can see him playing special teams but I do not see him in a big role. White will be fine if heathly he will be in the rotation.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
The more respect Cooper gets from Safeties...the more big runs our RBs will break. It makes our offense a true dual threat on every play that is outside of the Red Zone. Keep a Safety in close...Cooper will beat your CB down the field for a long gain or TD. Keep the Safety back...Cooper will cross the field in front of your Safety...leaving his CB behind him...for a big catch. Bracket Cooper with a CB and Safety...and Yeldon will break a long run with no one behind the LBs to stop him.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Well, regarding qb, we did just get that new ginger signed this year. His hs stats are impressive, and I wouldn't be the least but surprised if we saw him get significant (for a back up) time this year.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The more respect Cooper gets from Safeties...the more big runs our RBs will break. It makes our offense a true dual threat on every play that is outside of the Red Zone. Keep a Safety in close...Cooper will beat your CB down the field for a long gain or TD. Keep the Safety back...Cooper will cross the field in front of your Safety...leaving his CB behind him...for a big catch. Bracket Cooper with a CB and Safety...and Yeldon will break a long run with no one behind the LBs to stop him.
When you look back on the balance of the season, it really was the development of Cooper that got us to such heights on offense. Julio had that deep threat ability but neither Wilson nor McElroy possessed the arm to make it a viable threat in practice. This is the first time we've had a legitimate "all the tools" receiver and a big-arm, accurate QB in my memory.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
When you look back on the balance of the season, it really was the development of Cooper that got us to such heights on offense. Julio had that deep threat ability but neither Wilson nor McElroy possessed the arm to make it a viable threat in practice. This is the first time we've had a legitimate "all the tools" receiver and a big-arm, accurate QB in my memory.

Hadn`t really thought about it like that, but you`re absolutely right. AJ`s got a much better "long arm" than either Greg or John Parker. If the OL can give them some time, we flat have the weapons to do a lot of damage overhead.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
...thats if all we had in the passing game was Cooper. Next year, we'll have some quality wide outs to compliment him...
remember Deandrew? :)
also, Kenny Bell, Chrias Black, who was getting all kinds of good press before his injury...

Our receivers are going to be something fun to watch...

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
i couldnt disagree with ya at all on that...I think a team would be living on the edge not to have a safety hanging out on Coops side after the season he had, hes a proven deep threat....thats only going to open up more single coverage for the others, who are pretty good themselves...
Kenny Bell and Deandrew White are both proven speedsters with good hands...also, reports from the spring were all saying chris black was the best of the freshman receivers before he got hurt...

our talent level has gotten to the point that no team matches up position to position with us. Basically, its a pick your poison deal for any team we play...

This will be the absolute BEST combination of multiple recevers and experienced, big armed QB I can ever remember at alabama. Let a team load the box to stop the run; we dare ya!

Last edited:

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
...thats if all we had in the passing game was Cooper. Next year, we'll have some quality wide outs to compliment him...
remember Deandrew? :)
also, Kenny Bell, Chrias Black, who was getting all kinds of good press before his injury...

Our receivers are going to be something fun to watch...
The WRs could be fun to watch. But like Earle said, we need some o-linemen to step up so AJ has a clean jersey to get the ball out there.

Snake 4 Bama

Scout Team
Jan 1, 2013
Aren't we bringing in a JUCO RT as well?
Does anyone know if we have a Juco RT coming in? I have not heard about any JUCO's in the 2013 class. I wouldn't mind getting one to help on the O/line or D/line.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.