Question: Did everyone forget about Dee Hart, DeAndrew White, and Jalston Fowler?

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
These guys were injured so early in the season that they never got to make a big impact. I remember the 2011-2012 season though, and I remember how great the "I" formation was, how good Fowler was when he was put in after Lacy, Hart on special teams rocking the punt return, and White always being a steady, solid receiver.

The bad news is, these guys will have to fight their way back into a position on the team that saw a national title without their help. In any event, they were all solid players, and I loved watching them.

Is there anyone else that was injured that's trying to come back this season that may have fallen off the radar due to all the buzz around recruiting? We should always be excited about the incoming prospects, but lets not forget about the guys already on the team, even though the might not have been able to contribute since the early part of the season.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Jarrick Williams was expected to be in the DB rotation before his ACL injury, and of course, there was Chris Black. I think Black, Fowler, and White will be contributors next year, assuming their recovery goes well. Hart and Williams will be battling a ton of young players at their positions, so I'm not sure how those battles will shake out.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
We have enough talent coming in next year, that players like Fowler, Hart, and Black will have to beat out competition by incoming Freshmen ,to get playing time. (Embarrassment of Riches)
I expect these guys back on the field... Means experience should give them an edge on some of the new guys.

Even though we won the BCS Championship, it would have been much easier if we had the services of Fowler. We lost a part of our playbook that fit Jalston, like a glove...
Our return game might have been more dynamic if we had a healthy Hart.
Our receiving corp. would have been even better if we had Black on the field ect...

There's gonna be some interesting battles leading up to our A-Day Game. ;)
I expect some of these battles will go on into the fall.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Jarrick Williams was expected to be in the DB rotation before his ACL injury, and of course, there was Chris Black. I think Black, Fowler, and White will be contributors next year, assuming their recovery goes well. Hart and Williams will be battling a ton of young players at their positions, so I'm not sure how those battles will shake out.
Williams was basically healthy enough to play in the BCSCG, if we'd have needed him. We're going to need help in the DBs, so I think he'll be back in rotation. I also think you can't keep Fowler, Black and White out of the rotation. Remember Mel Kiper's (I think) remark - "Without Deandre White, Alabama doesn't have an answer." Of course, as usual, he was clueless and didn't realize just how deep we were at receiver. (I certainly didn't.) The one who concerns me is Hart. He's had to come back from ACL rehab twice. I've done it once and I just can't imagine having to do it twice. The formal recovery period is usually 7-10 months, but that's not really to 100%. Just ask Upshaw. So, has Hart run out of time? I don't know. I hope not. He was our first choice for PR and was looking damn good at it. Now, he has at least one Jones to fight his way past...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It hits me that we're basically talking all skill guys here. We badly need some young OL to come through or these skill guys won't be helping us much...

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012
It's going to be scary how deep we'll be at the skill positions in 2013.

RB: Yeldon, Fowler, Hart, Drake, Henry, Tenpenny, Tyren Jones

WR: Cooper, Norwood, Christion Jones, Bell, White, Black, Cyrus Jones, Robert Foster, Shinn

TE: Vogler, Howard

Can anyone recall a Bama team that was that deep at the skill positions?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It's going to be scary how deep we'll be at the skill positions in 2013.

RB: Yeldon, Fowler, Hart, Drake, Henry, Tenpenny, Tyren Jones

WR: Cooper, Norwood, Christion Jones, Bell, White, Black, Cyrus Jones, Robert Foster, Shinn

TE: Vogler, Howard

Can anyone recall a Bama team that was that deep at the skill positions?
Not really, but I wish we were a bit more proven at QB...

hacksaw830

2nd Team
Jan 20, 2007
It hits me that we're basically talking all skill guys here. We badly need some young OL to come through or these skill guys won't be helping us much...
This is what concerns me also. Its fun to talk about all of those skill guys but if you dont have the big butts to put a hat on a hat then all the skill in the world wont matter. I just hope we can open up some holes and pass block. We'll see.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Williams was basically healthy enough to play in the BCSCG, if we'd have needed him. We're going to need help in the DBs, so I think he'll be back in rotation. I also think you can't keep Fowler, Black and White out of the rotation. Remember Mel Kiper's (I think) remark - "Without Deandre White, Alabama doesn't have an answer." Of course, as usual, he was clueless and didn't realize just how deep we were at receiver. (I certainly didn't.) The one who concerns me is Hart. He's had to come back from ACL rehab twice. I've done it once and I just can't imagine having to do it twice. The formal recovery period is usually 7-10 months, but that's not really to 100%. Just ask Upshaw. So, has Hart run out of time? I don't know. I hope not. He was our first choice for PR and was looking damn good at it. Now, he has at least one Jones to fight his way past...
I think you meant Hightower instead of Upshaw didn't you? - but I share the same concern with Hart. Hopefully he can beat the odds and come back to contribute.

shottistyeti

Scout Team
Dec 10, 2006
This is what concerns me also. Its fun to talk about all of those skill guys but if you dont have the big butts to put a hat on a hat then all the skill in the world wont matter. I just hope we can open up some holes and pass block. We'll see.

Ditto the ditto.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
These guys were injured so early in the season that they never got to make a big impact. I remember the 2011-2012 season though, and I remember how great the "I" formation was, how good Fowler was when he was put in after Lacy, Hart on special teams rocking the punt return, and White always being a steady, solid receiver.

The bad news is, these guys will have to fight their way back into a position on the team that saw a national title without their help. In any event, they were all solid players, and I loved watching them.

Is there anyone else that was injured that's trying to come back this season that may have fallen off the radar due to all the buzz around recruiting? We should always be excited about the incoming prospects, but lets not forget about the guys already on the team, even though the might not have been able to contribute since the early part of the season.
I didnt, and I'm excited about getting Fowler back...he's a bruiser of a RB, and that I formation was going to be deadly...

hopefully he comes back full strngth, and we'll see some new twists in the offense with two back sets.

we're absolutey loaded at WR, and Deandrew just brings some experience with him as well...

Dee hart hasnt had a chance to show what he can do, and Im hoping, for him as well as us, that this is his season to shine...

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
We have some stars waiting to shine for the OL....Arie Kouandjou, Isaac Latua, Ryan Kelly, Brandon Green, Caleb Gulledge, etc...
I think that some of them will step up...not sure a freshman is going to make the cut here, as its hard to crack the rotation on the line as a true freshman...maybe Tunsil if he comes to Bama...

Biggest question is how quickly the new linemen will 'gel' together...thats always the biggest question; will they get in step quickly as a unit...

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
We have some stars waiting to shine for the OL....Arie Kouandjou, Isaac Latua, Ryan Kelly, Brandon Green, Caleb Gulledge, etc...
I think that some of them will step up...not sure a freshman is going to make the cut here, as its hard to crack the rotation on the line as a true freshman...maybe Tunsil if he comes to Bama...

Biggest question is how quickly the new linemen will 'gel' together...thats always the biggest question; will they get in step quickly as a unit...
Aren't we bringing in a JUCO RT as well?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I haven't forgotten about White and Fowler. I expect them to contribute a lot next year. Fowler may end up with better raw statistics though. There are so many WRs to choose from for McCarron. I kinda expect Cooper to put up 1000 yard season and 3 or maybe 4 other guys get between 300-400 yards.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I haven't forgotten about White and Fowler. I expect them to contribute a lot next year. Fowler may end up with better raw statistics though. There are so many WRs to choose from for McCarron. I kinda expect Cooper to put up 1000 yard season and 3 or maybe 4 other guys get between 300-400 yards.
Cooper may have to work harder to get his 1000 with the returing WR's.... Chris Black, Kenny Bell, Deandrew White, Kevin Norwood, Christion and Cyrus Jones...and now freshman Robert Foster (He may not contribute this season, since he doesnt get on campus until fall and with the depth ahead of him)...

this is without a doubt one of the strongest 'groups' of receivers in the nation...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.