News Article: Scabs on early signing...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Thinking about Tenpenny's statements to the effect that he wished he could sign now and get it over with, I think that he's the kind of guy Saban was thinking of when he made his statement about not having to "babysit." AT's commitment we will have to sweat all the way to NSD, no matter how firm it seems to be...
Not only that but uneasy commitments means the staff has to keep the stove warm on back up options too. If AT flips, Alabama is going to get Kamara a solid offer I imagine.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Not only that but uneasy commitments means the staff has to keep the stove warm on back up options too. If AT flips, Alabama is going to get Kamara a solid offer I imagine.
As I said earlier, I'm sure Scab didn't know that Saban had come out for early signing in the past...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Thinking about Tenpenny's statements to the effect that he wished he could sign now and get it over with, I think that he's the kind of guy Saban was thinking of when he made his statement about not having to "babysit." AT's commitment we will have to sweat all the way to NSD, no matter how firm it seems to be...
Agreed, and it also gives these kids their lives back. They are hounded until they sign - this gives them the ability to "make it stop".

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
a lot of the guys au has "lost" to bama due to late flipping, likely wouldnt have signed in an early period anyway, Yeldon started looking at bama long before he flipped, and Liner has been considering switching sides since october it seems. Cyrus was a Feb signing day decision, and Brent had been commited to bama for two years before flipping to au for a week in January.

all that aside, Scard sucks wish he'd get run out of town but alas....

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
He's mentioned a couple of times in the past that an early signing option would have the effect of removing the laborious chore of "babysitting" highly-rated recruits all the way to NSD to prevent their getting poached by negative recruiting or, as has happened in the recent past, enticing recruits into compromising positions in order to extort commitments from them. It would allow him to "salt away" the ones inclined to pull the trigger and concentrate all his efforts on the holdouts...
What you say is exactly what would happen. Scab better be careful what he wishes for.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
My take-away from the column is this: Auburn can't compete with us. Their only hope is an early signing period.

All of that is true. Next.

thefloydian

Suspended
Oct 28, 2012
Regardless of who it would help and who it would hurt, the argument he makes is ridiculous. He would rather someone go to a school they end up not wanting to go to in order for Auburn and the like to field better football teams.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.