Mel Kiper's Mock Draft Top 10

chalkpit

Suspended
May 31, 2012
I don't care what kind of career Teo had, he looked slow, undersized and had no idea how to judge speed. Put him on Ky or Msu and he is lucky to get drafted.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
And that's why the Bills are a terrible organization right now.
That's the mock draft and not necessarily the team that is going to take them. The Bills are a terrible organization because they keep on recycling bad head coaches and they signed a backup caliber QB to a huge contract to be their starter. I said that Chan Gailey should never have been hired there. He never should get a head job anywhere... except for possibly a mid-major school. The Bills finally got a coach who is a rising candidate instead of a "has been".

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets take Te'o there...if he goes it the top 10. They just love "sexy" names like that.

tidefan26

1st Team
Dec 5, 2005
South Alabama
6 of 10 are SEC. 5 of 10 are SEC west. I know it's WAY too early, but it's still cool. Also 4 of the top 5 are SEC. Cool.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Someone was on The Zone (or whatever the new sports radio station in Bham is, and he speculated that Teo will find some reason to not participate in the NFL combine, so that they won't discover how small, slow, and weak he is.

I thought we all discovered that Jan 7. ;)

Also, the Browns need to take Warmack to give Trent a little help.

tidefan26

1st Team
Dec 5, 2005
South Alabama
With the offenses in the NFL, Kiper is saying Mt is better than Alec Ogletree? I know they aren't really comparable body type wise, but AO seems to be a better fit with all the passing that goes on now. Jmo.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Someone was on The Zone (or whatever the new sports radio station in Bham is, and he speculated that Teo will find some reason to not participate in the NFL combine, so that they won't discover how small, slow, and weak he is.

I thought we all discovered that Jan 7. ;)

Also, the Browns need to take Warmack to give Trent a little help.
I personally think MT is highly overrated, but I don't think it is because he is "small" and "weak"...

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I'd be very happy to see Warmack in the top 10. OG is usually an undervalued position; having a Bama player "break the mold" is refreshing; I just hope he can go block for TR. I hope Dee doesn't go to the Eagles though (I'm a Cowboys fan). I doubt A&M has the top two picks; Moore will be a top 10, but I'd probably take Mingo over him (Moore should be picked before Werner though).

I feel badly for Te'o since he's getting ripped up in the media and he seems like a decent guy. But in all honesty, I think a team is making a big mistake if he goes in the top 10.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Gil Brandt of NFL.com (and Cowboys) has 4 Tide players in the 1st round. If we do have 4 1st round picks which I think will happen it will be 3 years in a row with 4 1st rounders

4 - Warmack
5 - Milliner
13 - Fluker
16 - Lacy

rhm54

1st Team
Nov 30, 2006
Gil Brandt of NFL.com (and Cowboys) has 4 Tide players in the 1st round. If we do have 4 1st round picks which I think will happen it will be 3 years in a row with 4 1st rounders

4 - Warmack
5 - Milliner
13 - Fluker
16 - Lacy
If a kid looks at those numbers why would he want to play anywhere else. In addition, you can see that we develop talent as well, I believe Warmack was a three star guy.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
We all know the talent we had on the OL this year, but it will only get worse for MT in the NFL. If Alabama made him look average, what do you think NFL teams will do?

Last edited:

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Guys I think you are not giving Alabama enough credit. Teo is a good player. He just faced a great Alabama team that was playing there best game of the year. You guys can discount Teo I would rather raise up Alabama.

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
I don't understand...the guy had one bad game, literally, in like three years at Notre Dame.

Were people saying these things about Luke Kuechly after he played against horrible competition for years at BC?? No. And Manti is known to be just as good a tackler as Luke, but actually better in pass coverage. I'm not sure that anyone here is an NFL scout.

Most scouts with years of NFL knowledge say that the awards circuit took a lot out of Manti, plus getting a serious bout with the flu the week after he came back. When you train insanely hard for 6 months and then have to work out in hotel gyms for 8 days in a row, then get the flu, it is going to have some short-term effects.

And give 'bama some credit!! Your offense knew our formations, and, according to Barrett, knew what matchups they would face when we would shift. His lack of solid lay was a product of our entire D's inability to stop you. Manti won't go that high, but he is a first rounder: my sources are NFL scouts. I'm just not understanding the hate on the kid. Obviously I am biased; feel free to rip me apart.

This is the most outspoken I have ever been on this board, but I really like it here, so hopefully this doesn't ruin any kind of reputation of respectability that I may ​have established here.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Seriously...would anyone on here buy a car from that guy?

I mean, really...if he and Trump had a love child PETA would go insane.....

Last edited:

tidefan26

1st Team
Dec 5, 2005
South Alabama
I don't understand...the guy had one bad game, literally, in like three years at Notre Dame.

Were people saying these things about Luke Kuechly after he played against horrible competition for years at BC?? No. And Manti is known to be just as good a tackler as Luke, but actually better in pass coverage. I'm not sure that anyone here is an NFL scout.

Most scouts with years of NFL knowledge say that the awards circuit took a lot out of Manti, plus getting a serious bout with the flu the week after he came back. When you train insanely hard for 6 months and then have to work out in hotel gyms for 8 days in a row, then get the flu, it is going to have some short-term effects.

And give 'bama some credit!! Your offense knew our formations, and, according to Barrett, knew what matchups they would face when we would shift. His lack of solid lay was a product of our entire D's inability to stop you. Manti won't go that high, but he is a first rounder: my sources are NFL scouts. I'm just not understanding the hate on the kid. Obviously I am biased; feel free to rip me apart.

This is the most outspoken I have ever been on this board, but I really like it here, so hopefully this doesn't ruin any kind of reputation of respectability that I may ​have established here.
Honestly, I think it stems from the build up to the game and the non stop talk about the front seven, led by MT and how they were SEC quality and MT being a Heisman runner up and the next coming up Dick Butkus. I am sure it played the other way to yall regarding our O line etc etc. I think him looking rather pedestrian against us, plus MT fatigue, has led to a devaluation of his status as one of the top line backers in the nation.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.