Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Re: Oregon HC Chip Kelly hired as Philadelphia Eagles HC

Quote Originally Posted by jps1983 View Post
    Not just that, but he was talking with ND about a raise and extension. Maybe he was using that talk to get a better deal from Philly. CNS made his comments at one press conference. Kelly said he had the best job ever before the BCS title game; then another after his interview came out thanking the Philly organization and saying he's staying at ND.

I actually do expect the media to blast him more than CNS because of the team he's spurned. CNS left the Dolphins; only Dolphins fans or CNS haters (who'd hate him regardless) still bring that up. Kelly is leaving a very prestigious program in a worse way than CNS left. Kelly better enjoy the NFL b/c credibility is going to be a BIG issue if he ever comes back to college.
    You got your Kellys mixed up.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Not just that, but he was talking with ND about a raise and extension. Maybe he was using that talk to get a better deal from Philly. CNS made his comments at one press conference. Kelly said he had the best job ever before the BCS title game; then another after his interview came out thanking the Philly organization and saying he's staying at ND.

I actually do expect the media to blast him more than CNS because of the team he's spurned. CNS left the Dolphins; only Dolphins fans or CNS haters (who'd hate him regardless) still bring that up. Kelly is leaving a very prestigious program in a worse way than CNS left. Kelly better enjoy the NFL b/c credibility is going to be a BIG issue if he ever comes back to college.
    Why would Chip Kelly be talking to ND about a raise? He works or worked for Oregon. He would be talking to Nike about a raise if anyone.

you're thinking of Brian Kelley, the ND Coach.

Chip Kelly is the Oregon HC
    Alabama Crimson Tide

It makes me wonder how big an impact San Diego hiring Denver's O.C. and Chicago hiring a coach from the CFL had on Philadelphia in closing the deal.

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The pickings were slim in the NFL this off-season...guess the Eagles gave him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    You got your Kellys mixed up.
    Yep; saw it after I posted. I didn't remember Chip Kelly saying he was staying at Oregon. I only remembered Brian Kelly's announcements.

Yep; saw it after I posted. I didn't remember Chip Kelly saying he was staying at Oregon. I only remembered Brian Kelly's announcements.
    Yeah... I don't think Chip Kelly ever publicly said he was staying.

-Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    The pickings were slim in the NFL this off-season...guess the Eagles gave him an offer he couldn't refuse.
    Probably significant roster control.

-Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Yeah... I don't think Chip Kelly ever publicly said he was staying.
    Yeah, there was never an announcement. ESPN would just say that Team X wasn't considering him (I think he was first linked to Cleveland; then when that job was filled; no one mentioned him again until now).

My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Could this be the same senario that let Pete Carroll to the Seahawks? Could the NCAA be near?
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Heh. I always hated Philly. Perfect for them.
    RIP Hub

As far as him being blasted like Saban was, I don't think he ever actually turned down the job and said he was staying. I think it was just "sources" who said he was staying at Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Could this be the same senario that let Pete Carroll to the Seahawks? Could the NCAA be near?
    There was speculation that was the case when he first was getting mentioned with NFL jobs this year. Time will tell; but it was more obvious at the time PC left USC that penalties were coming down than at Oregon.