Oregon HC Chip Kelly hired as Philadelphia Eagles HC

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Yeah... I don't think Chip Kelly ever publicly said he was staying.
Yeah, there was never an announcement. ESPN would just say that Team X wasn't considering him (I think he was first linked to Cleveland; then when that job was filled; no one mentioned him again until now).

thefloydian

Suspended
Oct 28, 2012
As far as him being blasted like Saban was, I don't think he ever actually turned down the job and said he was staying. I think it was just "sources" who said he was staying at Oregon.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Could this be the same senario that let Pete Carroll to the Seahawks? Could the NCAA be near?
There was speculation that was the case when he first was getting mentioned with NFL jobs this year. Time will tell; but it was more obvious at the time PC left USC that penalties were coming down than at Oregon.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Could this be the same senario that let Pete Carroll to the Seahawks? Could the NCAA be near?
Yes, they are near. They've basically admitted to paying Willy Lyles to steer recruits to them already. Whether or not the NCAA actually does anything remains to be seen but I am of the opinion that they will get hit by them soon

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
Very possible. They paid for Lache Seastrunk and some other Texas kids through a handler. Kids never saw the money.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Very possible. They paid for Lache Seastrunk and some other Texas kids through a handler. Kids never saw the money.
Everytime I hear the name Lache Seastrunk it takes me back to the big cat weekend. "Tell Nick Saban he SOL." Right Lache right. LOL

thefloydian

Suspended
Oct 28, 2012
There was speculation that was the case when he first was getting mentioned with NFL jobs this year. Time will tell; but it was more obvious at the time PC left USC that penalties were coming down than at Oregon.
I don't know. I think it's pretty obvious that Oregon is going to get nailed. We just don't know how severe it will be.

MightyWingman

1st Team
Jun 9, 2010
Houston, TX
Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Umm, wow.

I thought he was staying.

Caught me TOTALLY off guard.

I bet the Oregon boards are smoldering puddles in the bottom of the server racks right now...

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
He might just b/c Oregon is a higher profile spot than the Dolphins. But CNS is CNS and he'll always have the haters out there as long as he is successful.

Personally, it's worse to reverse on a college kid (where some kids now might have to scramble to find a new college to sign with or returning players can't declare for the draft or look to transfer). The NFL is a business and players expect a lot of coaching movement so it doesn't them nearly as much as a college or college-bound kid.
Wrong Kelly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You got your Kellys mixed up.
Why would Chip Kelly be talking to ND about a raise? He works or worked for Oregon. He would be talking to Nike about a raise if anyone.
you're thinking of Brian Kelley, the ND Coach.

Chip Kelly is the Oregon HC
You are thinking of Brian Kelly who coaches for Notre Dame. Chip Kelly coached at Oregon...:biggrin2:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I guess Oregon will not be playing in the BCSCG next year after all.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.