Oregon HC Chip Kelly hired as Philadelphia Eagles HC

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I know. I wonder if the sports media is going to skewer him for leaving after he said he was going to be staying. Probably not. :rolleyes:
The Oregon fans are saying "kelly never said anything officially, everything was 'A source claims Kelly said no to the NFL'" so I think he will be left alone. I do think, if the NCAA comes, that Kelly will get some grief for pulling a Pete Carrol

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The Oregon fans are saying "kelly never said anything officially, everything was 'A source claims Kelly said no to the NFL'" so I think he will be left alone. I do think, if the NCAA comes, that Kelly will get some grief for pulling a Pete Carrol
Oregon fans are coming to his defense? Wow!

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
By the way, this article was posted a few days back...we'll see if it holds true.

It makes sense to give him a shot...they probably wouldn't be able get a superstar coach at this late date.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...tball-coach-chip-kelly-mark-helfrich/1807463/

If Chip Kelly's last game at Oregon is the Fiesta Bowl, the Ducks have their next coach.

Offensive coordinator Mark Helfrich will be promoted to head coach if Kelly jumps to the NFL, according to a person with direct knowledge of the school's plans. This person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because Kelly is still the Ducks' coach.

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
Dang It!! We won't get a chance to pound them into the ground under Kelly...Ugh. We showed the world ND's hype was wrong etc. so I was hoping to eventually play O too.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Listening to ESPN Radio today apparently he did some soul-searching...re-thought the decision....and with the "backdoor" left open for the position - he went for it.

I've been there on decisions. I think we all have. That's a pretty big decision - especially given we're talkin' about the Ducks!

I can't see a big stink being made about this unless it's from the Duck fanbase but from what has been posted in this thread I guess they support him.

If that's true - good for them!

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
I'm glad he's gone from the college ranks. Oregon's high-octane offense and Chip Kelly's coaching could pull off an upset win and it could be in the NC game. Now that's off the table.

Roughly three weeks until signing day. Kelly didn't do the Ducks any favors by waiting so long to pull the trigger. Now Oregon has to scramble to fill the coaching vacancy and also must hold together their recruiting class.

Stanford is probably the biggest beneficiary. Helps clear the path for another run at the PAC title.

I'm glad he's gone from the college ranks. Oregon's high-octane offense and Chip Kelly's coaching could pull off an upset win and it could be in the NC game. Now that's off the table.

Roughly three weeks until signing day. Kelly didn't do the Ducks any favors by waiting so long to pull the trigger. Now Oregon has to scramble to fill the coaching vacancy and also must hold together their recruiting class.

Stanford is probably the biggest beneficiary. Helps clear the path for another run at the PAC title.
Oregon will most likely hire their offensive coordinator, which has been mentioned multiple times in case this scenario played out.

thefloydian

Suspended
Oct 28, 2012
I think it became obvious when Oregon submitted its own list of penalties and the NCAA said "thanks, but no thanks."

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I hope they get nailed. I worked with a dude a few years ago from Oregon who did nothing but bash the SEC and said the only reason the SEC wins so much is because we cheat. That Oregon does it the "right way". LOL! I wish I still worked with the dude so I could be there when the hammer drops.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I may be in the minority but I think Kelly will crash and burn in Philly. The fans there will crucify him. Andy Reid with 11 out of 14 winning seasons was likely the best coach they ever had and that wasn't good enough.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.