Oregon HC Chip Kelly hired as Philadelphia Eagles HC

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
Didn't Kelly say a few days ago he was "returning to Oregon"? If so, I hope they are still badgering him about it years from now like they do with CNS about leaving Miami.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I may be in the minority but I think Kelly will crash and burn in Philly. The fans there will crucify him. Andy Reid with 11 out of 14 winning seasons was likely the best coach they ever had and that wasn't good enough.
You are not in the minority, 2-3 years max then back to the college ranks, typical NFL.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Well, kelly will learn the hard way, that his inability to recruit now will be a major issue. They won't have an issue at oregon, cause they'll do what they do, which is bring of the offensive coordinator as new head coach. once you're in the oregon fold, you seldom come out. i'm genuinely amazed that nike couldn't pay him enough money to stay at oregon. he must have the "pro-bug." i really don't think it will end well for him, then he'll come back and probably coach texas or some other big 12 team. mark your calendars, 3 years from now.

oregon will still be a top team for the next 2 years.

thefloydian

Suspended
Oct 28, 2012
I don't see this ending well. I suspect they will redo Vick's deal and then next year he'll break more ribs than games he plays in. That Foles guy can't run Kelly's offense.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
There's a lot of ill-will towards the offense he ran at Oregon on here, but biases against "gimmick" offenses aside, he is a great offensive mind.

That said, the skills necessary to being a successful NFL coach are an apples-to-oranges type comparison to the skills necessary to be a good college coach.

Where is the media outrage because Kelly lied and said he was staying at Oregon only to pull the rug from under them a week later? Oh, that's right, his name is not Saban. Bunch of media hypocrites.
Please read the thread. It's been discussed multiple times that Kelly NEVER said he was staying at Oregon. He simply returned to Oregon after the initial interview process.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.