SEC revenue soon to jump 50%

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I do not like their valuation on an SEC Network. Alabama earns a lot more than that per year in tier 3 revenue, and Texas earns ten million per year off their network. 21 million total for the conference is ridiculously low. The Big Ten Network had a profit of 79 million in 2011. If the SEC can't crack 50 million profit with a network, not only are they doing something wrong, but Alabama would be taking a loss.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I do not like their valuation on an SEC Network. Alabama earns a lot more than that per year in tier 3 revenue, and Texas earns ten million per year off their network. 21 million total for the conference is ridiculously low. The Big Ten Network had a profit of 79 million in 2011. If the SEC can't crack 50 million profit with a network, not only are they doing something wrong, but Alabama would be taking a loss.
Nothing against your analysis, but I'm sure Alabama as wells as the SEC has taken a very close look at this option and while it may not be what is now in place during the infancy of the network, I'm sure it will be a gold mine for all schools once the network is established and been around for 5-10 years. Most start-ups don't generate their greatest profits in the first few years.

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Does anybody know how the SEC network will work?
Will it just be another channel, like an off shoot of ESPN that shows SEC sporting events?

Looks like the money and power is just gone get bigger in the future for the SEC.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Nothing against your analysis, but I'm sure Alabama as wells as the SEC has taken a very close look at this option and while it may not be what is now in place during the infancy of the network, I'm sure it will be a gold mine for all schools once the network is established and been around for 5-10 years. Most start-ups don't generate their greatest profits in the first few years.
I doubt theyd agree if it wasnt a significant increase in revenue...Slive seems smarter than that to me.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
That's just Krazy talk!! ;-)

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Slive seems smarter than that to me.
Really?

Anyway, Alabama earns the most tier 3 revenue of any SEC program. In some cases, it's not even close, Alabama more than double than most of the SEC and in some cases we're talking 8 or 9 times as much. So, the SEC can have a deal that earns most schools more money while Alabama makes less.

Alabama is worth close to what Texas gets, if they end up with 1.5 million it's an insult and a huge drop in revenue. It might explain why this thing hasn't been announced yet, but I don't believe Alabama could veto a network since it would be a league vote presumably.

BamaDude06

1st Team
Sep 15, 2006
I think it's safe to say Texas was vastly over paid for their network by ESPN when you look at how many people have actually paid for the network. They aren't going to make that mistake again.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I think it's safe to say Texas was vastly over paid for their network by ESPN when you look at how many people have actually paid for the network. They aren't going to make that mistake again.
Ok, and Alabama earns somewhere around 7 or 8 million in tier 3 revenue per year. What kind of mistake would it be to take 1.5 instead?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.