Deadspin is saying Te'o's girlfriend's death was a hoax created for publicity

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Even if he was catfished, he still lied repeatedly about how he met her and having spent time with her. He is a liar.

I don't believe for a moment that he is any kind of victim. He is a liar.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I remember watching a story discussing his girlfriend. In the story, he says his brother called to tell him his girlfriend died. How would his brother know this if it was all a hoax?

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Even if he was catfished, he still lied repeatedly about how he met her and having spent time with her. He is a liar.

I don't believe for a moment that he is any kind of victim. He is a liar.

I agree, I had no idea he said all that in the interviews. Now I want to go back and watch them.

Rattlehead82

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Pace, FL
In that interview with Gene Woeschifkvski or whatever his last name is; te'o shows zero emotion when talking about her dieing. Wouldn't you at choke up talking about something like that? Even just a little?

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Thankfully Johnny Football won the Heisman. Wonder how voting would have gone had this come out earlier?

Not to mention all those awards he won over more deserving players. This is just sad.

You know, I feel like a fool defending him this whole season. I am sure a lot of people do.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
So, now the question, aside from the on the field stuff, he's a good player but, how many of those awards did he win based on that "story"?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Is this going to affect Te'o's draft status. Does he drop from a 1st round pick to possibly a Free Agent contract? I would NOT want him on my team.
I know everyone tells lies or fabricates things in many ways, but this is the BIG one.

How could you ever believe him? This could be a cancer on someone's team.

Beating his chest like Tarzan! WoW!!!!!!! I jet can't believe it went this far. Just shows how journalists today have

Are any of those awards that he received based on CHARACTER, HONESTY, INTEGRITY? If so, they need to be returned and given to the rightful person who deserves them.

Just wow! Just now saw and read the article. Wow! Unbelievable! I am still baffled!
nothing in common with Mike Wallace!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.