Deadspin is saying Te'o's girlfriend's death was a hoax created for publicity

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
It strikes me how easily nowadays, when someone is caught lying, our society tends to excuse it or try to rationalize it. What we should be focusing on is the character pathology involved in telling lies. We're not talking about a little white lie to protect someone's feelings. We're not talking about a hoax, a trick, or whatever else the media wants to call it. We're talking about a young man who repeatedly, and on a national stage, lied about his own life.

It does not matter how it started. It matters how it evolved due to his own, intentional, repeated lying. He is a liar.

THAT should be the thing we as a society choose to pay attention to. This is a conscious choice he made, not just once, but over and over and over again until he got busted.

We should hold him accountable as a LIAR. It should mean something to us. We shouldn't get distracted by the shiny objects of "was he or wasn't he in on it." That is of no importance. What is important is the lying.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I remember watching a story discussing his girlfriend. In the story, he says his brother called to tell him his girlfriend died. How would his brother know this if it was all a hoax?
Does he have a real brother?

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Even if he was catfished, he still lied repeatedly about how he met her and having spent time with her. He is a liar.

I don't believe for a moment that he is any kind of victim. He is a liar.
I agree. What's worse is that now he's doubling down on lies, yet again. Everything he has said will be dissected repeatedly, and it will eventually come down like a house of cards.

"Victim of a cruel hoax" is designed to elicit sympathy or pity. But once people know they've been lied to, they feel no sympathy or pity. Life's about to get tough for Te'o.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
The more Notre Dame says about this, the deeper their hole is gonna get because there are too many interviews out there by Te'o and his dad that conflict with the whole victim story that ND is trying throw out there.

Te'o lied.

Also, we're to believe he was hoaxed for 3 Years+-? Because his dad states in that article that CrimsonAudio posted that they developed a relationship over 3 seasons and that they saw each other/met in Hawaii.

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Will this be on ESPN OTL tomorrow? I was busy all day and just saw this about 1/2 hour ago.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Why would you lie like that though? Trying to cheat the system to get some recognition, instead of earning it. Smh

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.