Deadspin is saying Te'o's girlfriend's death was a hoax created for publicity

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
irishenvy is now abuzz w an alleged USCw connection -

The alleged ringleader is an SC fan, and the motive is apparently revenge for Teo not having had followed Polamalu and Tatupu to SC.

The plot thickens....
doesn't pass the smell/logic test. If a USC Fan did this why not reveal it to Manti the day of the USC game? Or have her "die" that day? Sorry domers doesn't fit the timeline

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
The lack of obituaries was one of the things that first got Deadspin's attention to write the article.
Yep; that's where the MSM, like ESPN, really failed in their job. Deadspin got a tip and initially investigated using a simple google search and accurint background check (part of legal search engine Lexis). We use Lexis/ Accurint at our law office for checking out our clients or opposing parties. It costs less than $10 to do a search and you can get a lot of information (last known addressess; property ownership; vehicle registrations; criminal history, etc). It didn't take much digging for deadspin to "find the scent."

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
Oh, gimme a break. When any little thing goes wrong at Bama, the whole rest of the CFB world revels in schadenfreude. Don't lecture us when this perfect team with this perfect linebacker proves to have had clay feet. And they're covering up worse than this...
I concur Earle! !!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Accross the board, ESPN analysts treating this as though Manti is an innocent victim. They cannot all be that stupid, so there is someone giving them direction.
Yes they can be that stupid, but I digress...
It's pretty obvious these writers and purveyors of sports pron were dumb enough to buy his story without verification.
They all failed Journalism 101 when no one checked any of the 'Sources', seems nothing was vetted.

They bought a 'Pig in a Poke', and now they are all squealing about it.
I'd say they are butt hurt and would like to cover up their shabby journalism.
I'd say they are butt hurt and feel betrayed by Manti Te'o, and his yapping dad.
Listening to ESPN today I heard a bunch of proud, arrogant, prognosticators, who are embarrassed because they screwed up, and 'Deadspin' uncovered what they all missed.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Oh, good grief! That dude is messed up. Assuming the story is true. He must not have a job.
He also has a very feminine sounding voice....

Are people really dumb enough to believe it was all this guy? Either it was an incredibly elaborate and multi-level hoax that involved Manti's family, or Manti is a liar and Manti was in on it.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
If you are Ole Man Dan and you are younger than Earl, then Earl must be a Very Ole Man.

Question: Did Granny Holtz ever meet Te'o's (first time I've ever uses 2 apostrophes in one person's name) girlfriend?
Nah... Te'o's girlfriend had to go under cover to keep ancient Sports Announcers from drooling over her like he has AJ's girlfriend. ;)
Sorry Brent, but you left yourself wide open for that one...

I believe that Te'o and ND worked hard to put his 'Girlfriend' in a
'WITLESS PROTECTION PROGRAM'.

It has to be 'Witless' because no one has seen her.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I see the media is still on this whole blame everyone but Manti thing...

Manti "met" his imaginary girlfriend. Manti said he talked on the phone for hours with his imaginary girlfriend. Come on now, let's all blame some other person...
I don't get that from the TMZ article. It just provides more information about one of the obvious individuals in the entire thing.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I don't get that from the TMZ article. It just provides more information about one of the obvious individuals in the entire thing.
It's all to deflect from Manti though. For instance, look at the response it gets. "That dude is messed up".

Really? Is it easier to believe that this was a super elaborate hoax in which the family was involved in lying about it, a female was used to talk for hours on the phone to Manti, etc... or, this guy was the one asked to perpetrate this? If he was doing what he was asked, what all did that entail? A few twitter updates and a few pictures, no more no less. Meeting up with someone might be a little weird, but they obviously could tell it wasn't a chick, unlike Manti...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.