Deadspin is saying Te'o's girlfriend's death was a hoax created for publicity

mahout 67

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 27, 2010
Quebec Mt., NC
My hope is that a link is not uncovered linking the exclusive REC to developing this ruse knowing that Notre Dame would be playing Alabama for the national championship. I'm sure the school down the road is already on this theory.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
It's all to deflect from Manti though. For instance, look at the response it gets. "That dude is messed up".
Again, I don't see anywhere in the article where Manti gets the media's blessing. This character was named yesterday, and TMZ presents more information about him. I understand there be a connection of some sort between Manti and this shady character, which puts Manti in "the know" about the hoax.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
Anybody watching ESPN?
Might be old news, but a ESPN reporter Bob Holtsman reported he has spoken with some ND football players that say they knew Lennay wasn't his gf/or real, and that Manti knew and he would go along with the story in interviews and even point out his interviews to people when he saw himself on tv because he got a kick out of it.
This is first somewhat legit report I've seen about this but seems to confirm that blog article about something similar floating around last night.

Victim, riiiighht.

I don't think ND is gonna be able to spin their way out of this...

I'm adding these links as they are related to this report...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-the-attention-and-teammates-were-suspicious/

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/50498551/ns/sports-player_news/

Last edited:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
It's all to deflect from Manti though. For instance, look at the response it gets. "That dude is messed up".
Don't put words in my mouth, cowboy. If the nut that ran the fake twittering account created yet another dying young female.............he has problems.

Doesn't mean, or even imply, that Super Linebacker isn't part of it.

They are both messed up. Happy now?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Ruh-roh, rhaggy...
If these ND players are telling Holtzman the truth, why didn't they ever go to Brian Kelly? Why didn't they tell Manti to quit the act and shut up? Why didn't they tell Jack Swirbrick before he made a fool out of himself by "crying" yesterday?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.