Deadspin is saying Te'o's girlfriend's death was a hoax created for publicity

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
There is also the contingent out there congratulating Manti. Their take - he leveraged this "girlfriend". Yes, he lied, but he also put himself in the spotlight in a way that would not have happened without this "girlfriend". He went from a mid-round draft selection to a first round draft selection (as long as he doesn't have a horrible combine). As the NFL analysts have said, this story isn't going to hurt him on draft day. He isn't a clubhouse "cancer". If teams think he can play, they will draft him - and they will spend a lot more time looking at him now than they would have without this story.

I guess that even bad press beats no press.

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
About an hour ago I was watching ESPN talking heads offering up the pablum that perhaps Teo's poor showing in the NC game was brought about by distractions associated with the hoax.
After watching the NC game, I am pretty certain Teo is the real hoax..

I can only imagine the crisis we would have if he had won the Heisman

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Why didn't those ND players telling reporters they knew the girl wasn't real say anything? Did Brian Kelly tell them to shut up? I just don't get it. I would be furious if I was a teammate of his, knew the girl wasn't real, and saw him get all the media attention over a dead fake girlfriend.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Why didn't those ND players telling reporters they knew the girl wasn't real say anything? Did Brian Kelly tell them to shut up? I just don't get it. I would be furious if I was a teammate of his, knew the girl wasn't real, and saw him get all the media attention over a dead fake girlfriend.
Why on earth would they do that? I'm sure some were unhappy but you don't go blabbing your mouth on a teammate. Heck, how many teams have guys actively cheating to remain eligible or using steroids or similar?

Players don't rat out teammates.

45longcolt

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2007
Warrior 35180
This is a PERFECT example of a person who should be put on the "Never allow this person to own any kind of GUN" list.
He is definitely Off!!!

Never mind he can use his imaginary AR 15..

Last edited:

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Below is a comment from a Domer on an ND board in response to someone having had posted a pic of AJ and his hunnee w the caption "The SEC. Real Football, Real Girlfriends":

Real football?? Bama is good, no denying that... but lets be real. What a bunch of idiots. ND would smash any SEC team on a regular day to be honest... other than Bama of course. Even then, if ND plays Bama again I think it would be a close game.

And below here is a response from one of his fellow Domers:

This isn't the thread to act proud.....about anything........

:smile:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
That transcript from SI is very telling. He does seem like a pathological liar. Some of the things he says are so "far out there". He just covers up each lie with a new and more extravagant lie.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
Question for Earle, Cat, etc. I know there have been bigger threads. How about the rate of expansion of this one? Something like the Big Bang and the early universe?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.