TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
oh what a tangled web we weave....

Who knows where this is going and where it will end up? I'm not sure if I even want to know.

This is truly beyond belief and I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

Sad for college sports.

sip

oh what a tangled web we weave....

Who knows where this is going and where it will end up? I'm not sure if I even want to know.

This is truly beyond belief and I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

Sad for college sports.

sip
The only sad thing is that, for whatever reason, people need these human interest pieces like the story of Te'o's girlfriend as opposed, to you know, watching just for the sport.

People look at me funny when I say I couldn't care less about a player's off the field actions. Stories like this just reaffirm my stance.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The only sad thing is that, for whatever reason, people need these human interest pieces like the story of Te'o's girlfriend as opposed, to you know, watching just for the sport.

People look at me funny when I say I couldn't care less about a player's off the field actions. Stories like this just reaffirm my stance.
It's become overexposed. I agree I don't need to see all of this blather about personal interest stories. I liked it better when all I thought about was how awesome the players were because of their talent on the field/court/etc. I didn't know or care what kind of vehicles they drove, who they dated, or any of that stuff.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Yep, I agree with Diamond, sports media needs to go back to just reporting the on field action, we don't need to hear about the dorm room action.

The only fluff needed are those low angle shots straight up the cheerleaders skirts, that camera man has the best job!

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
It is hard to believe that this whole episode will not affect Te'o in the NFL draft. What team would want to take a chance on someone who obviously has a mental problem.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
It is hard to believe that this whole episode will not affect Te'o in the NFL draft. What team would want to take a chance on someone who obviously has a mental problem.
Please, Cam still went #1 after all his crap, doubt this will even make a dent as long as he does good at the combine. In fact, I bet he remains quite about this whole thing until after the draft, if he ever publicly addresses it. The only thing he'll do by talking now is dig a bigger hole so, he mind as well just wait to talk until he cashes his check.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
This whole thing makes our loss to Texas A&M easier to handle. Suppose we had won that game, would Johnny Football still win the Heisman?

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

That ship sailed long ago, when ABC just had to do "Up close and personal", to get women to watch the Olympics.

Like beating the stinking cheating Commies wasn't incentive enough.

Can't be a coincidence that ABC and ESPN are basically the same thing now......no........of course not......nothing to see here people........ignore the giant mouse behind the curtain.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.