Page 5 of 104 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555 ... LastLast
    BamaNation First Team Rolltide_PA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Deadspin is saying Te'o's girlfriend's death was a hoax created for publicity

well if he thought getting run over by Eddie Lacy sucked wait until karma gets a hold of this news

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Deadspin is saying Te'o's girlfriend's death was a hoax created for publicity

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    The thing that gets me about all of this is how poorly the media does their job. Their job isn't to report what people tell them to report, it's to investigate and report. They have a habit of reporting what they want, rather than doing their job though and this is yet another example.

He never deserved to be a Heisman finalist anyway, but this? He makes up a girlfriend and then kills her off? Yet, watch closely. I wouldn't be surprised if the media turns this into a story about a poor player that had to hide his orientation and had no choice but to make up a girlfriend or some such nonsense.
    my thoughts exactly

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoastTider View Post
    Notre Dame probably made up that whole stupid Rudy story, too.
    Maybe but ND certainly never acknowledged the real-life sequel.

MG

BamaNation All-American MattinBama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sickening to try and use something like this for publicity, and just shows how little true journalism exists now. Hopefully karma catches up to this guy big time.

BamaNation All-American seebell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

The girlfriend is not listed in the Social Security Death index under that name.
    Last edited by seebell; January 16th, 2013 at 04:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Deadspin is saying Te'o's girlfriend's death was a hoax created for publicity

With all the hoopla over this gf's death, not one ESPN reporter ever thought to look up a death certificate? No one was even curious until Deadspin got a tip? People out there who consider themselves sports journalists should be ashamed of their own lack of curiosity.
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoastTider View Post
    Notre Dame probably made up that whole stupid Rudy story, too.
    That's already been established. Moving on, how could SI and the South Bend Tribune buy this:

"Te'o talks to Lennay nightly, "going to sleep while on the phone with her," according to Sports Illustrated. "When he woke up in the morning his phone would show an eight-hour call, and he would hear Lennay breathing on the other end of the line."
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American RollTideMang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Me and my incredibly real super model wife couldn't believe this when we read it. Who makes up fake significant others to make themselves look better? That's just bizarre.

BamaNation First Team CrimsonPaul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Cecil is on a roll" Cecil Hurt‏@CecilHurt

Tough luck for Boise State. The Statue of Liberty play against Oklahoma is no longer the greatest fake in BCS history
    " If you stick your head above the crowd, you're going to have people trying to knock it off." -Coach Paul Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame RJ YellowHammer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

As long as AJ McCarron's girlfriend is real I'll be ok.
    "This is not the end. This is the beginning." - Nick Saban, at the 2009 NC celebration at B-D.

BamaNation All-SEC RammerJammer15's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RJ YellowHammer View Post
    As long as AJ McCarron's girlfriend is real I'll be ok.
    She has a twin, she's sitting right next to me

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It never happened to me personally, but heck I remember some professors at Alabama that would require obituaries and then some (just short of a death certificate) to get an excused absence for a funeral.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

Post Thanks / Like

Here is Te'o talking about his girlfriend, come on this guy isn't a victim he is a liar!

1:15 it gets interesting.

You will suffer through one of two things in life, either the pain of discipline or the pain of disappointment - Nick Saban