Deadspin is saying Te'o's girlfriend's death was a hoax created for publicity

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Didn't he say he made interceptions in her memory on the day of her funeral service or something? I'm shocked the national media didn't try to interview her parents, show photos of her gravestone, etc. I mean, the most cursory background check would have brought this to light. There are too many videos and too many quotes -- whoever thought the "he was hoodwinked" thing was going to work is obviously stupid and naive, oh, wait....

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
I'm looking at Sportscenter and seeing "Breaking News: Manti Te'o's girlfriend did not exist" such a bizarre storyline, looks so odd.

I'm looking at Sportscenter and seeing "Breaking News: Manti Te'o's girlfriend did not exist" such a bizarre storyline, looks so odd.
Some rumblings out now that ESPN has been aware of the story for 10 days but couldn't confirm. If that's the case, they would have gotten word of it about a day or so before the BCS National Championship Game.

rhm54

1st Team
Nov 30, 2006
Confirmed from 2 sources: ESPN has known about the Manti Te'o story for 10 days. Had been reporting it, but could not confirm.
Attempted coverup maybe???

https://twitter.com/TheBigLead/status/291689226775441408

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
They say that, when you put something out there on the net, prepare for it to remain forever. Many of the material put out by T'eo and his dad are still out there and they are in complete conflict with what he's trying to say now...

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
Feel bad for Manti....

1. Has zero to do with nd! If urban 's wife got cought cheating would Ohio st be in deep trouble?

2. Probably an innocent religious man that got duped by some sickos

3. Social media is the worst thing that has ever happened to real life.

4. Team knew on 12/26 and without a doubt is a major reason our d got ran over. The leader was probably in ruins.

5. Kelly may have really considered NFL to be able to approach football in a 100% business mode.

I guess we will see. But hopefully Manti if innocent recovers and plays well in the NFL.

Well there you have it, they finally have their excuse.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
http://articles.southbendtribune.co...brian-and-ottilia-manti-te-o-irish-head-coach

Lennay Kekua was a Stanford student and Cardinal football fan when the two exchanged glances, handshakes and phone numbers that fateful weekend three seasons ago.

She was gifted in music, multi-lingual, had dreams grounded in reality and the talent to catch up to them.

The plan was for Kekua to spend extensive time with the whole Te'o family when upwards of 40 of them came to South Bend in mid-November for ND's Senior Day date with Wake Forest.

"They started out as just friends," Brian Te'o said. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there. But within the last year, they became a couple.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
While not a handsome man, he is not exactly homely looking either. I can't believe with all the co-eds on campus at ND he couldn't find one instead of having a supposed internet relationship. I mean he's a football player and any shallow girl would go for a starter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.