Deadspin is saying Te'o's girlfriend's death was a hoax created for publicity

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
thursday-

Manti's agent- ok Manti, the past 24 hours, we have had 20 interns. 5 lawyers and 3 fiction writers combing through everything out there on TV, the net and in print about Lennay Kekua. with the help of our writers, we have come up with this story that will match up with everything. It is a little out there, but it will work.

Manti - ok, just give me some time.

Agent- you have 24 hours, you have to memorize the entire story, everything.

Manti- 24 hours? that's crazy

Agent- It's either that, or fall to the 6th round of the draft.

Manti- OK, I can do this! with a little help

Agent- Help? We have help, ESPN sent Jeremy Schaap.

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
@ChiTribHamilton: Why didn't Manti Te'o visit Kekua in the hospital? "It never really crossed my mind. I don't know. I was in school."

Wow, but she was the "love of your life" right?

Brian Hamilton ‏@ChiTribHamilton
"He meant it 100 percent." Jeremy Schaap relating what Manti Te'o said about saying Lennay Kekua was the love of his life.

Do you think ESPN actually believes what they are reporting

Last edited:

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
bamaga I think we're some of the last ones awake on here. I can't help but hit twitter on refresh every 30 seconds so I can see how much more of a disaster this becomes. It's like a train wreck that you can't look away from. I want to turn away but it keeps pulling me back in. Must...go...to....bed....and then there is another tweet that blows my mind.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
So, now he only found out about the hoax 2 days ago. Did he already forget about the very public news conference ND had 2 days ago where they said that he told them about the hoax on Dec. 26th? Yet you now say you just found out 2 days ago. Remember how ND said in that conference that you found out in Orlando on Dec. 6th, but now you say you found out 2 days ago.

Te'o, is there anything that comes out of your mouth that isn't a lie?

Once again, ESPN is falling for it hook, line and sinker. Guess they didn't learn there lesson.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
bamaga I think we're some of the last ones awake on here. I can't help but hit twitter on refresh every 30 seconds so I can see how much more of a disaster this becomes. It's like a train wreck that you can't look away from. I want to turn away but it keeps pulling me back in. Must...go...to....bed....and then there is another tweet that blows my mind.
yeah, I work second shift. this is my afternoon.

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
So, now he only found out about the hoax 2 days ago. Did he already forget about the very public news conference ND had 2 days again where they said that he told them about the hoax on Dec. 26th? Yet you now say you just found out 2 days ago. Remember how ND said in that conference that you found out in Orlando on Dec. 6th, but now you say you found out 2 days ago.

Te'o, is there anything that comes out of your mouth that isn't a lie?

Once again, ESPN is falling for it hook, line and sinker. Guess they didn't learn there lesson.

Yeah, I'm guessing Jack Swarbick probably cringed at the whole "I only knew 2 days ago" admission from Te'o after his tearful press conference defending him. Somehow I doubt the weirdness of this whole situation is any where close to ending.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
to follow up on the hospital, A friend at work hurt himself working out. Missing months of work. Everyone wanted to know what exactly happened. I found out within 2-3 hours that my friend tore his pectoral muscle benching 300 pounds. moving forward, after the love of your life was in the hospital for 4 months, why would you not know the extent of her injuries after the car crash!

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
It really appears the strategy is tell even more lies even when its obvious to everyone that you are lying. There are no criminal ramifications and not much civil liability either. So what do the lawyer coach you to do - stick to your story and keep on lying even while the truth is unavoidably obvious. Most people will see how pathetic you are as a person, get bored with it, and move on. Put me in this category. Teo and Armstrong have turned out to be some of the most pitiful excuses for human beings as I have ever seen...

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
So he lied to everyone all during the season...got it. Seriously, is this is the story that brought Swarbrick to tears?
I have no sympathy for this guy (Te'o).

Te'o said he never met Kekua face-to-face and when he tried to speak with her via Skype and video phone calls, the picture was blocked.
He also told ESPN that he lied to his father about having met Kekua. To cover that up, he apparently lied to everyone else.
After he was told Kekua had died of leukemia in early September, Te'o said he misled the public about the nature of the "relationship" because he was uncomfortable saying he had never met her in person.
"That goes back to what I did with my dad. I knew that. I even knew that it was crazy that I was with somebody that I didn't meet," he said. "So I kind of tailored my stories to have people think that, yeah, he met her before she passed away."
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...d-girlfriend-hoax-interview-notre-dame-011813
"My relationship with Lennay wasn't a four-year relationship," Te'o said. "There were blocks and times and periods in which we would talk and then it would end," but he offered her a "shoulder to cry on" when she told him her father had died.
Te'o said he was told Kekua was in a coma following an April 28 car accident, but she awoke the following month. He never made an attempt to visit her in the hospital.
"It never really crossed my mind. I don't know. I was in school,"
he told Schaap.
Doesn't really match the whole the "love of my life" statement does it?...

And he only found out two days ago in this interview, yet ND says he found out Dec. 6 and ND found out Dec. 26.

LOL I'm guessing Te'o should consider a career in acting...he has a whole football season of pretending/lying to the public and media on his resume.

As a fan of college football, I'm ticked off of the awards this guy racked up because you know at least some of the people voted for him based on sympathy and took away players that had equally impressive seasons, equal or better ability, as well as displaying better character than this guy.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
All you guys need to quit hating on Te'o!

I am very appreciative of Te'o. Hell without him and his sorry for an excuse play at linebacker, we might not have dismantled Notre Dame to the tune of 42-14!!!!

crimbru

1st Team
Sep 15, 2011
Brussels, Belgium
First post, long time reader and sorry if already mentioned or posted: I have been sending emails to journalists hoping one will stick so that they can relate Deadspin's 22 May tweet between Manti and Ronaiah to Manti's interview segment with Thamel. With Thamel, Manti indicates he learns that Leenay may be about to die (Mid-May) the day he is headed home to Hawaii. Deadspin finds a 22 May tweet where Manti retweets Ronaiah's (Hawaii is callin my name) and Manti added (sole gotta come down). Now, to believe that Manti is duped; then, one needs to believe that Manti believes that his girlfriend is (on the 22 May) a week or so away from almost dying, and he has to believe that her brother is headed to Hawaii to want him to come down to see him. Seems odd that a brother would head off to Hawaii while his sister is a week from almost dying, and Manti would tweet such a thing to him....... It rather looks like two friends tweeting.......... not a duped Manti and a fake brother.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.