Deadspin is saying Te'o's girlfriend's death was a hoax created for publicity

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
If you believe that Te'o was duped then you will believe that Anna Torv just tweeted me and said she now has plenty of free time and would like to be my girlfriend.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Did you click the link? It has messages he sent to a friend in 2010 asking about LK...so either he's been planning it for a long time, has someone building fake pages to cover it up, or is a huge idiot...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Did you click the link? It has messages he sent to a friend in 2010 asking about LK...so either he's been planning it for a long time, has someone building fake pages to cover it up, or is a huge idiot...
I still think he tried to profit from her "death", which is actually kinda worse if he believed her to be real

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
So Te'o had suspicions, but still didn't bother to go see her in person or demand to see her over facetime or video chat?
How about googling her name and researching a bit and finding out if she was a real person?

This is either another lame excuse, a or it just makes him look dumber.

Last edited:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
How do we know that he is lying? Because the details change with every telling.
{and... because the next lie is supposed to cover up what was wrong with the previous lie.}

In the late 70s I worked with a corrupt Police Sgt. always in trouble,
he wiggled out and later told me:
'NEVER CHANGE YOUR STORY... NEVER... REGARDLESS, NEVER CHANGE YOUR STORY.'
Following his own advice, he always wiggled out of trouble. (Guilty as hell, but never yielded.)
Manti never heard that advice.

Last edited:

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I still think he tried to profit from her "death", which is actually kinda worse if he believed her to be real
At this point, no one knows what really has happened, but it should be crystal clear that Te'o lied about it on national TV, has been less than consistent about the story, and comes out of this thing looking like an idiot - either a delusional idiot, a gullible idiot, or a compulsive liar.

I cannot think of anything that can come out that would really help me think that Teo is an okay guy, except maybe that he has been under the manipulation of Colombian drug lords in their quest to take over the Catholic Church in the USA.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Here's the thing - At ANY time (whenever he really found out about the girl) he could have simply stopped talking about her with comments like ...

She's not the person I thought she was or
She's no longer in the picture ...

ESPN would have continued extolling his strength of character based on his deceased granny or a pet frog he saved from a volcano or something.
Whatever - He could have gotten out of this clean had there not been stronger motivation to perpetuate the the lie (and reap the sympathy)

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
Here's the thing - At ANY time (whenever he really found out about the girl) he could have simply stopped talking about her with comments like ...

ESPN would have continued extolling his strength of character based on his deceased granny or a pet frog he saved from a volcano or something.
Whatever - He could have gotten out of this clean had there not been stronger motivation to perpetuate the the lie (and reap the sympathy)
^^^^This

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

It's a big story, because that 'Rocket Scientist' made it one...
That Duffus created the problem, got benefits from the lies, now let him live with it.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
This entire saga makes a mockery of the Notre Dame notion that the reason they can't compete is because they won't lower their standards or ethics.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...igation-was-lacking-in-many-respects/related/

And now we find their investigation was a bigger hoax than the girlfriend.

According to the South Bend Tribune, a university spokesman admits that the investigators conducted no interviews.. The firm didn’t interview Te’o or his family.. The firm didn’t attempt to contact the admitted perpetrator of the hoax, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo.

The firm didn’t examine cell phone records to confirm Te’o's claim of eight-hour phone conversations with the person posing as Lennay Kekua.. The firm also didn’t look at emails or other electronic communications that would demonstrate the length and extent of the communications between Te’o and the person(s) playing the role of Kekua.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.