Deadspin is saying Te'o's girlfriend's death was a hoax created for publicity

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Didn't he say he made interceptions in her memory on the day of her funeral service or something? I'm shocked the national media didn't try to interview her parents, show photos of her gravestone, etc. I mean, the most cursory background check would have brought this to light. There are too many videos and too many quotes -- whoever thought the "he was hoodwinked" thing was going to work is obviously stupid and naive, oh, wait....
He also said he met her in person after a Stanford game and spoke with her for hours every day she was in the hospital. It's hard for me to imagine what got this ball rolling to the point he felt he had to roll with it.

Odd indeed.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
While not a handsome man, he is not exactly homely looking either. I can't believe with all the co-eds on campus at ND he couldn't find one instead of having a supposed internet relationship. I mean he's a football player and any shallow girl would go for a starter.
Teo is lying. He never was duped. He was the one trying to dupe everyone else and build up his reputation through a dead girlfriend who he knew never existed!

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Te'o should of called Oprah 2 see if he and Lance could have did a Show together: "I Lied Now Forgive Me N For God's Sake Pay Me Attention"

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
While not a handsome man, he is not exactly homely looking either. I can't believe with all the co-eds on campus at ND he couldn't find one instead of having a supposed internet relationship. I mean he's a football player and any shallow girl would go for a starter.
pretty sure he is not into girls.....

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
What if I told you..a college football great had a love that wasn't there? ESPN films "30 for 30" Presents 'Her', story of Manti Te'o's "GF"

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.